Happy Birthday, Steve!

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:45 pm

Happy Birthday, Your Honor! :cake:

Yep, I'm a day late. But with good reason--spent the last two nights in the company of that other prog band from Tennessee, Salem Hill. They filmed their Friday night and Saturday night shows for eventual release on DVD--buy one and see me on TV AGAIN!! :lol:

Drove home today from Nashville, and stopped in Chattanooga for about two hours. I've been there before, but always with someone else and we were doing something specific (the aquarium, Rhythm'n'Brews, or something). Today I just walked about the downtown area, Tennessee River Walk, Ross's Landing, went across the Walnut Street pedestrian bridge and watched the children play around the fountain in Renaissance Park. This is what a vibrant downtown oughta look like. Got some good pictures.

Oh, and came across Rhythm'n'Brews too. Too bad it was closed.
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:14 pm

Dude, we could have gone to the IMAX! :D :D
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:34 am

Oh, that's right. God-fearin' folk that y'all are, the studio's closed on Sunday, so you're not on duty.

The next time I pass thru 'nooga and have some extra time, do y'all mind if I call to see if it's ok to drop by Sound Resources for a short while? That idea slammed into my mind after I had left home for Nashville on Friday afternoon, and I thought, "should I call 'em and ask...aw, fuhgedaboutit, I shoulda PMed Fred and given at least a day's notice."

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:35 am

Drive through Chattanooga and visit the studio? Hmmm...might be difficult to explain that to our customers who pay us by the hour. However, lunch isn't out of the question ! :hamburger:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:23 am

MayorOfLongview wrote: Hmmm...might be difficult to explain that to our customers who pay us by the hour. However, lunch isn't out of the question ! :hamburger:
Exactly what I thought. There've been times when people have come by my workplace and I've had to not let the visit interrupt my work. "Can you drop back by when I'm on break?" I passed through, going towards Nashville, about 2pm Friday afternoon.

Fred's been keeping quiet about his contribution to the new Salem Hill CD. :wink:

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:24 am

johnc wrote:
MayorOfLongview wrote:

Fred's been keeping quiet about his contribution to the new Salem Hill CD. :wink:
Oh, not intentionally- I was really proud of it and I thought the song was great. I'm waiting to hear the final product.

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:01 pm

Cool Fred! Tell us more!
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:34 pm

Um, that's about it really :P I played a piano solo on one of the more epic songs on the new Salem Hill album. And it's up with the best things I've heard them do, IMO- though I haven't heard the rest of the album so for all I know it's even better!

JPE

Post by JPE » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:04 am

My congratulation in arreas. I supose you know that we in Sweden like to drink spirits. Please try out this fresh fruit-juice punch: Fill up a big bucket of homemade spirit. Add an lingonberry, but just one. We don't want the taste of lingonberry to be to dominate. Drink and enjoy!

Best Regards
Janne Pettersson
Stockholm/Sweden

Bozo
Professional
Professional

Post by Bozo » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:39 am

Thats the different between Swedes and Finns. In Finnland you would need 4 buckets for a Lingonberry. We don´t like it to strong.
The world is smaller than you think!

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:22 am

HA!

In Ireland we take a bucket of aviation fuel and place it on the sidewalk. Then we get someone to drive past it at 100mph waving a banana out of the window.

That's enough flavouring for us!

However, if you fart at any time up to 48 hours later, whatever you do DON'T LIGHT A MATCH! :shock:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]