GH Forum reborn...

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

GH Forum reborn...

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:46 pm

:oops: I broke the forum... But it's back :) ! I won't do the same mistake again!!!

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looks great! I love green!

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sun Dec 01, 2002 5:42 pm

Green is the coolest color. :) Glad you got the forum up and running again!

I'd show you how my site's going, but I have yet to register the domain name and upload it... :P Oh well. I'm making progress slowly but surely.

(a side note: it's general "discussion", not discution. english is a terrible language, i know... )
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 02, 2002 5:31 pm

Hey Sam!!! :D
Great to see you back! I'm glad you like the green!
I haven't done much as promised... I think I'll have more time to add some categories tomorrow or so.
As for your picture, it should work now. Just brows it once more in your profile.
By the way, thanks for the correction (discussion). It was written a la French!

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

gee, this looks familiar...

Post by Sam Gamgee » Mon Dec 02, 2002 5:44 pm

do you ever visit the site imladris.net? Just curious b/c of the whole prancing pony thing ...does that mean you have a netherworld?! yippeee! i love the netherworld! :D

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Great looking forum!

Post by MayorOfLongview » Wed Dec 04, 2002 10:14 am

Great job guys! I like the green very much. Thanks for your hard work.
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Re: GH Forum reborn...

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 04, 2002 4:37 pm

sys-ex wrote::oops: I broke the forum... But it's back :) ! I won't do the same mistake again!!!
Don't even think about it :!:

:wink:

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hee hee hee.... Since I AM so sneaky...

Post by Sam Gamgee » Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:00 pm

Once the forum broke down and you hadn't reregistered I had this urge to go and steal the sn Audio111, just for kicks. :twisted: hee hee hee. Then I could trick everyone into thinking that I was Aragorn! ...only... not like there's anyone much here... not like i would really WANT to trick anyone into thinking i was you... But it would be kind of amusing to me. with my strange sense of humor. But i like the mayor of longview.
But now I want your opinion. Lately come to the slightly disturbing (but not very surprising) conclusion that I really am not a hobbit - I'm much much more of an elf... I'm generally not a light, happy, contented simple minded person - my personality is such that I delve deeply into everything - the simple pleasures aren't enough for me- and now that i've ready it through more than once and actually understand it, the Silmarillion is my favorite book - even though it's so tragic. A hobbit would never like that book, i don't think. So I think I'm a more of an elf. (And i don't want to even consider being human because that's so boring in the world of middle earth compared to elves) So much as I love Sam, I really think I'm more of an elf. So sorry if I'm not the "true" sam gamgee....
Last edited by Sam Gamgee on Wed Dec 11, 2002 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 07, 2002 6:13 pm

Hello Sam,

You have a lot to say! Keep writing! Your strange sense of humor is OK with me! I suppose you can register more than once. I did too, to test the forum. So you see, I have my reasons to create more than one character and you have yours. Don't register 20 different you though So you want to be an Elf too... Beautiful folk... I haven't read Silmarillion yet. And if I buy the book some day it will be a French translated version: I don't like to read in Dutch and I've never read a whole English book.

By the way, I was wondering what your web site looks like?!? Did you find a name? I could help you with that if I knew more details.

OK, see you round!

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yup...

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sat Dec 07, 2002 10:11 pm

For my site, the background is stars on black, and then I have a navbar on the left side with stalike animated gifs I made (couldn't find any good ones, so i made my own with the help of photoshop). I put everything in tables, so that if I want there to be a huge section of text, like on the news page, I make that cell have a lighter background. ...Ok, I'm not very good at explaining things. But I'll put it up as soon as I register that domain name. Then you can go to my site and feel special just like I got to go to your site and register before anyone else (except you and denus, of course). :D

I must admit, though, I have very little done expect the layout... But I have been working hard on those lyrics. That's the whole reason I even got the idea to make a fan website - it drove me crazy that the lyrics for some of their albums were not on the web, and phil wouldn't put them up, so i decided that if you want something done, you just have to do it yourself. ...So I did. :)

Back to work on my site then... I'll keep you posted on the progress
Last edited by Sam Gamgee on Wed Dec 11, 2002 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fingolfin
Amateur
Amateur

yay! Look!

Post by Fingolfin » Sat Dec 07, 2002 10:43 pm

Look, ma! I'm an elf! The High King of the Noldor to be exact... Only I had to cut down my favorite passage from the Silmarillion soooo much to get it to fit inside the 255 character limit. :cry: Ai!
Fingolfin beheld the ruin of the Noldor. Filled with wrath and despair he rode forth alone. A madness of rage was upon him; his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.
He came alone to Angband and challenged Morgoth to single combat.

And Morgoth came.

direwolf

Post by direwolf » Sun Dec 08, 2002 9:38 pm

<i>phil wouldn't put them up</i>

It's not that I wouldn't put them up, it's that I haven't the time to transcribe and properly format and create separate pages for each of the songs. Updates to the site, fixing broken links, and so forth are more important. The GH site is not the only one I maintain and my time is, I'm afraid, limited.

GH fans who have the albums have the lyrics printed in the album liner notes. Also, keep in mind that I haven't been sent lyrics for some of the discs (<i>Live and Revived</i>, for example).

The lyrics page will be complete......eventually.

cheers,
Phil Carter -- direwolf at speedfactory dot net
Webmaster, http://www.glasshammer.com/

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Mon Dec 09, 2002 6:53 pm

direwolf wrote:
Also, keep in mind that I haven't been sent lyrics for some of the discs (<i>Live and Revived</i>, for example).
I know. But i mean, if it even says it in the liner notes that they're on glasshammer.com.... *shrug*

direwolf wrote:The lyrics page will be complete......eventually.
I know. You'll get to work on it "shortly." Who could ask for more, really? :wink:

I have you people all figured out. :lol:

hísenna

Fingolfin
Amateur
Amateur

Relax

Post by Fingolfin » Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:01 pm

Sam's just giving you a hard time. :) No hard feelings. There will be a site on the internet that will have the lyrics. The end is good. And I won't say "All's well that ends well" because that's philosophically incorrect. We elven kings have to be precise.
Fingolfin beheld the ruin of the Noldor. Filled with wrath and despair he rode forth alone. A madness of rage was upon him; his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.
He came alone to Angband and challenged Morgoth to single combat.

And Morgoth came.

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Arachnophobia

Post by Sam Gamgee » Mon Dec 09, 2002 8:34 pm

I don't like your spider web. it's icky. :P

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:40 am

Hey, I'm back- better late than never, right :D i like the green look!!

Fred