new album! and confession!

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

new album! and confession!

Post by shanocles » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:54 am

great to hear that things are coming along nicely. as a drummer myself i'm really looking forward to hearing what Aaron brings to the table. what would you say are his main influences? maybe he could respond? would love to hear some of the 3 cheers sound injected into the classic symph prog world ... if you get what i mean. also, i'm a huge fan of carl and susie duel vox!

also on another note...
its official, GH is my no. 1 band!

the other week my wife Alison and i were out on a date night and after a lovely hot curry dinner (just the thing being middle of winter here) drove up to a look-out to check out the city lights. so we're sitting there and she asks me "So, who would you say is your favourite band?" Hmmmm, i gave her the politician's answer and said "well, i couldn't possibly narrow it down to one babe". but she insisted i did, so i gave her the top 4 or 5. she said, "I would think GH is your favourite band, they're always in the car, we got the middle earth album cover up in the toilet (hehe) :lol: and its the only band whose forum you're a member of." So after a minute or so of reflection.... with 'behind the great beyond' playing softly in the background (hey it was a date nite!! and our 6month old was asleep in the back) ... and based on the last ten years or thereabouts...

GH is my no. 1 favourite band! there was some tough competition i'll let you know.

as for my fav GH album?? prob Culture of Ascent, followed very closely by Lex Rex & Shadowlands

BTW Steve if you're reading. We really loved the Lay of Lirazel piece!

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Re: new album! and confession!

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:19 pm

shanocles wrote:great to hear that things are coming along nicely. as a drummer myself i'm really looking forward to hearing what Aaron brings to the table. what would you say are his main influences? maybe he could respond? would love to hear some of the 3 cheers sound injected into the classic symph prog world ... if you get what i mean. also, i'm a huge fan of carl and susie duel vox!

also on another note...
its official, GH is my no. 1 band!

the other week my wife Alison and i were out on a date night and after a lovely hot curry dinner (just the thing being middle of winter here) drove up to a look-out to check out the city lights. so we're sitting there and she asks me "So, who would you say is your favourite band?" Hmmmm, i gave her the politician's answer and said "well, i couldn't possibly narrow it down to one babe". but she insisted i did, so i gave her the top 4 or 5. she said, "I would think GH is your favourite band, they're always in the car, we got the middle earth album cover up in the toilet (hehe) :lol: and its the only band whose forum you're a member of." So after a minute or so of reflection.... with 'behind the great beyond' playing softly in the background (hey it was a date nite!! and our 6month old was asleep in the back) ... and based on the last ten years or thereabouts...

GH is my no. 1 favourite band! there was some tough competition i'll let you know.

as for my fav GH album?? prob Culture of Ascent, followed very closely by Lex Rex & Shadowlands

BTW Steve if you're reading. We really loved the Lay of Lirazel piece!
I am reading, though I haven't been faithful to the forum lately. Glad we're your #1 and really glad to hear that you love the poem!
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart