Rush

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:36 am

Geddy's made the cover of Bass Player magazine. Again. :wink: Big secret: the band's gearing up to start another studio album.
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:54 am

Good deal-just hope it's better than "Vapor Trails". Also, I'd love to see them live again! I only saw them once(Hemispheres tour)-many moons ago!!!!!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

theHermit
Professional
Professional

Post by theHermit » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:28 pm

I liked the music on Vapor Trails ok, but the sound recording was terrible. A real ear bleeder and I'm not usually that much of an audiophile snob. The life was compressed out of that poor record.
"Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;"
- from the Prayer of St. Francis

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elric » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:38 am

I have seen Rush 5 times. Last tour I saw was Counterparts. I really wanted to see them last time they were in Atlanta, but was not feasible for me at the time. I regret that now.

Best sound for me was Presto tour. I had great seat for all the shows, but this one I remember well due to the great sound.

I liked the set list for Power Windows. The laser show was good, and went well with the music. I am not always in to the theatrics, as I enjoy the music the most, but their show was kinda special.

I think that all the shows for Rush were great, but I think the best show I saw was the last because they played a lot of Farewell to Kings and a medley of everything else they had done.
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush

Moog Taurus
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Moog Taurus » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:57 pm

Great band, I last saw them at the NEC Birmingham on the R30 tour excellent set.
Even though I long for a return to the late seventies style of Rush composition that gig was a great way to spend an evening .
I also saw them on the Hold Your Fire tour and the Roll The Bones tour .
R30 highlights for me include Natural Science , Xanadu , medley intro etc..... :D

yyzmoose
Professional
Professional

Post by yyzmoose » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:03 pm

Moog Taurus wrote:Great band, I last saw them at the NEC Birmingham on the R30 tour excellent set. R30 highlights for me include Natural Science , Xanadu , medley intro etc..... :D
I loved hearing those. One minor complaint is Alex skipping the second guitar solo on Natural Science. He did the same thing on the "T4E" tour. Maybe he never liked the solo, or its just a pain to play. But I would doubt the latter as his playing these days is better than ever. Just a minor gripe, as these concerts were a treasured experience for me.
And now for something completly different...

Moog Taurus
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Moog Taurus » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:38 am

Talking of Rush live I am eager to see what the Replay X3 DVD set looks and sounds like.
My personal favourite is Exit Stage Left , Xanadu being a show highlight.
I own all three shows on VHS tape so things can only get better regarding the quality of the on screen performances . :D

Losfer Words
Amateur
Amateur
Location: hanging from the cobwebs in your mind, looks like a long long way to fall

generation gap?

Post by Losfer Words » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:27 pm

You know you are getting older when you have to explain to the next generation of Rush fans that the flash navigation animation on their official site is a vintage radio tuner frequency meter bar and the person asking is absolutely amazed and baffled that at one time radios did not have nice little digital LCD frequency displays.

Hmm maybe I should really amaze them by dusting off an old b&w tv that has a knob to turn and no remote control.
On a crystal morning I can see the dewdrops falling
Down from a gleaming heaven, I can hear the voices calling
When you comin' home now, son, this world is not for you

caskof43

Re: generation gap?

Post by caskof43 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:09 pm

Losfer Words wrote:You know you are getting older when you have to explain to the next generation of Rush fans that the flash navigation animation on their official site is a vintage radio tuner frequency meter bar and the person asking is absolutely amazed and baffled that at one time radios did not have nice little digital LCD frequency displays.

Hmm maybe I should really amaze them by dusting off an old b&w tv that has a knob to turn and no remote control.
I am only 30, but I remember TV's with the knob vs. the remote!

As far as RUSH is concerned, I have seen them twice. Vapor Trails tour and R30. My wife was in the hospital for the R30 tour, but she made us go to the show. Our son got to go to the R30 show and just loved RUSH. One of his heroes is Geddy.

yyzmoose
Professional
Professional

Post by yyzmoose » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:57 am

caskof43 wrote:
Losfer Words wrote:Hmm maybe I should really amaze them by dusting off an old b&w tv that has a knob to turn and no remote control.
As far as RUSH is concerned, I have seen them twice. Vapor Trails tour and R30. My wife was in the hospital for the R30 tour, but she made us go to the show. Our son got to go to the R30 show and just loved RUSH. One of his heroes is Geddy.
Very cool that you brought your son to the show. I was amazed at the R30 show how many families were there. It wasn't like that all the other times I saw them between 1984 and 1996. Of course the joke was that Rush fans couldn't get dates, let alone have a family. :roll:
And now for something completly different...

caskof43

Post by caskof43 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:56 pm

yyzmoose wrote:
caskof43 wrote:
Losfer Words wrote:Hmm maybe I should really amaze them by dusting off an old b&w tv that has a knob to turn and no remote control.
Very cool that you brought your son to the show. I was amazed at the R30 show how many families were there. It wasn't like that all the other times I saw them between 1984 and 1996. Of course the joke was that Rush fans couldn't get dates, let alone have a family. :roll:
I try to take our son to as many activities and shows that we can. We don't have very many coming through our area. He is only 6 and loves classic rock, progressive rock and progressive metal.