Distribution

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

spiralsource

Distribution

Post by spiralsource » Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:25 pm

Why isn't GH putting their albums in Wherehouse Music or other record stores nationwide?

I personally don't want to get involved with credit cards, I don't have a checking account, either. I'm a cash carrier. I've tried ordering through an independant store in Spring, Tx but so far there has been nothing.

The only album I have is Chronometree, and it's a burned copy; the rest is on MP3. I'd really like to have the actual albums. It's good to have the music, but I enjoy having the artwork and lyrics as well.

So what's the deal, guys?
[b]Landon[/b]
the Spiral Source

[i]Heed this message, Tom![/i]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Distribution

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:18 pm

Hello again,
We have been offered distribution in U. S. stores. The downside to each of these 'deals' is that we must quit selling our own product on Amazon.com. Yet another downside is that we must wait for 2 years to be paid for the product. Often, the distributors make getting paid very difficult, or they go out of business. For an indie group like GH - this is just too risky.
HOWEVER - our order page has a p.o. box number and you can send a check or a money order to that address and get any of the GH albums you want.
Try "Lex Rex".
Steve
:D
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

spiralsource

Post by spiralsource » Sun Jan 19, 2003 4:32 pm

Thanks for the info. :D
[b]Landon[/b]
the Spiral Source

[i]Heed this message, Tom![/i]