Hello, fellow fans! (from a forum newbie)

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

dr.amy

Post by dr.amy » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:08 pm

SuperTed wrote:Welcome indeed, Doc!

Now to the crux of the matter...

dr.amy wrote:seeing the band perform "The King's Beer" live (and in costume!) at Medieval Times in Toronto

Any pictures? :twisted:

The poor quality of my photography skills is legendary, and in this case exacerbated by the fact I was dancing while trying to take a picture! But here's a photo, for your amusement, less-than-stellar quality notwithstanding: GH performing "The Old Troll and the Maiden" at Medieval Times .
"I look East, West, North, South, and I do not see Sauron, but I see that Saruman has many descendants. We Hobbits have against them no magic weapons. Yet, my gentlehobbits, I give you this toast: To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees."
-J.R.R. Tolkien, from a 1958 speech

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:02 pm

The big dude to my left (who you may not know) is David Murphy filling in for Walter on acoustic guitar. To my right is Rebecca James and Susan Hawkins from our string trio. The Toronto group was very different from the NEARfest band.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:28 pm

Yeah Steve, but why are you wearing a dress, man?

sorry, I couldn't resist :oops: :lol:

Uh ... That's not a dress man!
:oops:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]

dr.amy

New Interview at Pop Thought

Post by dr.amy » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:28 am

Hi again! :)

Just FYI, GH's Steve Babb was kind enough to do an interview with me for POP THOUGHT. It just went up at http://www.popthought.com/display_column.asp?DAID=692, FYI. I hope you enjoy!
"I look East, West, North, South, and I do not see Sauron, but I see that Saruman has many descendants. We Hobbits have against them no magic weapons. Yet, my gentlehobbits, I give you this toast: To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees."
-J.R.R. Tolkien, from a 1958 speech

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:10 am

I did enjoy reading it. Amy, Steve, thanks for taking the time to give us those insights. Without a doubt, being a businessman is the most involving part of being a musician.
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

theHermit
Professional
Professional

Post by theHermit » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:20 pm

Excellent interview. Thanks for posting it!

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:38 pm

Nice interview! Steve's a very enthusiastic chap and I think that's a quality sometimes overlooked when we talk about music. Having the chops is one thing but the love of just "making a joyful noise" (to borrow a phrase from a well known publication - ahem...) is something that a lot of music I've heard recently is sorely missing.

Keep flexing that wrist, Maestro!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]