Introduce yourself!

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Sun May 15, 2005 3:16 pm

Whoah, Hi, I'm RumpskA/ Joe, and I just figured out about this topic. I'm Sam's brother... and... I'm the youngest one on the forums... ummm.... I like online gaming like Warcraft and such.... and.... I like basketall and soccer and football and alla those. Favorite books..... hmmm.... I dunno, I like some of the Warcraft books, and I might've over read LotR.. Favorite movie.... hmmm.... PJ murdered LotR, Matrix- mehhhh.... it wil probly be Ep. 3 of Star Wars, just cause I haven't seen it yet and it looks great. I also have a life, unlike some people here *cough*SAM*cough*. :wink: . I live in one of the fre non-hic cities/ towns in Minnesota I would say. That definition of "hic" is a person with a fairly strong Minnesotan accent and they have big red, bushy moustaches and love NASCAR way too much and drive around Ford pickup trucks and always talk about them. They also love fishing and hunting too much, and like 2x4 pieces of wood. :D . Twin Cities > pretty much the rest of MN.
[color=darkred][i][b]Do a barrel roll![/b][/i][/color]

JPE

Please let me introduce my self!

Post by JPE » Wed May 18, 2005 2:38 am

My name is Jan, My friends call me Janne. I'm 44 yo and live in Stockholm/Sweden. I work with support and education on a Internet company i Stockholm. I became a GH fan quite late. For about two years ago i heard som wonderful tunes on Delicious Agony Internet Radio. From that day i have collected all GH records and dvd. My biggiest wish is to visit a GH consert in Europe.

Bozo
Professional
Professional

Post by Bozo » Wed May 18, 2005 7:38 am

Well JPE me to wan´t to go to a GH concert in Europe.
The world is smaller than you think!

yeshead777

Introduction

Post by yeshead777 » Thu May 19, 2005 3:51 am

Hi! My name is David Momberg. I live in Ooltewah,TN.(which is just 10miles northeast from Chattanooga). I'm originally fom Memphis,Tn.,My family and I moved to the beautiful East Tennessee hills in 1997. I am a Respiratory Therapist, I a m 43 years old, have a beautiful wife(of 20 years), and four wonderful girls(ages 13,11,7, and 2). I have been a progger for appr. 33 years-when I first heard "Fragile". My first prog concert was Yes'Relayer tour in 1975, and my last was Yes' 35th anniversary tour Apr.2004-on the FRONT ROW!!! I still love all kinds of 70's/80's prog(Yes,Genesis,ELP,Kansas,Crimson,UK,Utopia,etc., but didn't start getting into Neo-Prog until about 1998 with the likes of Dream Theater,Spock's Beard,Transatlantic,Flower Kings,Enchant, Echolyn,Neal Morse, and most recently-IQ, GH, Salem Hill, and Mostly Autumn. the end seems to be listness! Anyway, it blows my mind when I finally got around to ordering some GH- I find out their right here at my back door! How amazing is that! I just hope that I get to meet them soon! I just hate I missed those awesome show at rythm 'n' blues when they recorded the DVD. My buddy and I hope to be in Nashville for the C.S. Lewis conference show in Nov.! hope to see other GH fans there-if not sooner. Peace to all,David. :)

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu May 19, 2005 6:26 am

Hey Ooltewah! Welcome to the forum. You are probably about 3-4 miles from the studio. We've probably already met at Home Depot and didn't know it! lol

8)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat May 21, 2005 7:49 am

How cool is that? May I ask where exactly the studio is and if you ever allow visitors? And I would more likely meet you at media Play or Best Buy rather than Home Depot!It is too cool to have such accomplished prog muscians in my own back yard!Peace out,David.

Thimon
Professional
Professional

Post by Thimon » Sat May 21, 2005 11:53 am

Ok. I am new so here is all you need to know for the moment...

*takes deep breath*

Nickname: Thimon
Sex: Male
School: first class of ICT

Games
chocolate
forgot the rest :cuckoo:

DISLikes:
R&B / rap / soul
Sports :oops:
Beans

thats about it I think
"Are you on the list?"
- Heroes

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sat May 21, 2005 1:49 pm

Wow! Welcome all you new people! don't be shy- jump right in on the other topics, and ask as many questions as you'd like
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sat May 21, 2005 2:26 pm

Welcome, welcome! Another of the Younger Generation fans! :cheers: :cheers: Join the club. :)
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Sun May 22, 2005 10:03 am

Of course, I remember when it was all fields around here...

..mutter, mutter...kids today...mumble, mumble...walk-in baths...grumble

Has anyone seen the remote for the stairlift? Life's no fun when you're old and the toilet's so far away!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]

Bozo
Professional
Professional

Post by Bozo » Mon May 23, 2005 1:06 am

I guess your remote lies just under the glass with your spair teeth. I know my do......
The world is smaller than you think!

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Mon May 23, 2005 10:24 am

That'sh jusht what I wash thinking... :shock:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elric » Mon May 23, 2005 4:27 pm

:guitar: :sprite: :guitar:

Hiya!

My name is Brent and although I live in Georgia(Rossville area), I have been in Chattanooga most of my life. Small world. I have always been a huge music fan, but mostly of those bands with higher brain functions.... Anyways, I love Prog Rock. The YesHead above poster and I work together and spend all of our spare time at work listening to new music. We had a high point earlier this year in seeing Yes on their 35th anniversary tour and being on front row.

Latest Music that I listen to? Dream Theater, Yes, Threshhold, anything Arjen Luccassen does, almost anything put out by Inside Out, and my newest interest is GLASS HAMMER.

I am so sorry that you guys are local and have not heard of you before. That is the way it goes sometimes. Anyways, I thouroughly enjoy what I have heard so far and I hope to hear more from you guys.
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Mon May 23, 2005 4:45 pm

Welcome Brent! Make yourself at home, and dive in headfirst to GH's music! It's the only way.

Hey Samwise- I gots an idear!
Lets start a new SECTION for people to introduce themselves, that way everyone can have their own thread when they come in =)
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon May 23, 2005 5:24 pm

Elric wrote::guitar: :sprite: :guitar:

Hiya!

My name is Brent and although I live in Georgia(Rossville area), I have been in Chattanooga most of my life. Small world. I have always been a huge music fan, but mostly of those bands with higher brain functions.... Anyways, I love Prog Rock. The YesHead above poster and I work together and spend all of our spare time at work listening to new music. We had a high point earlier this year in seeing Yes on their 35th anniversary tour and being on front row.

Latest Music that I listen to? Dream Theater, Yes, Threshhold, anything Arjen Luccassen does, almost anything put out by Inside Out, and my newest interest is GLASS HAMMER.

I am so sorry that you guys are local and have not heard of you before. That is the way it goes sometimes. Anyways, I thouroughly enjoy what I have heard so far and I hope to hear more from you guys.

Hey,
We may be local, but you really haven't missed much activity. Our DVD was filmed here fall before last, and we did one other show before that in June.
Well anyway - WELCOME!
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart