Best of 2006

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Best of 2006

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:05 am

So what were everyone;s fav movies of 2006? I was glad to see "The departed" win over Babel or Little Miss Sunshine(both good, but not deserving(, but then the most deserving-"Pan's Labyrinth" was nominated for 6(no best picture), didn't even win for Best Foreign flick, but won 3 others-as many as "The Departed" did. Go figure!Anyway, Here's my TOP 10(not necessarily in order-except for no.1, and 2.
1)The Prestige
2)Pan's Labyrinth
3)Apocolypt0
4)Scoop
5)Hollywoodland
6)For Your Consideration
7)The Illusionist
8)Lady in the Water
9)The Departed
10)Babel
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:20 am

I have to add "stranger than fiction". A masterpiece of bland,dry,sarcastic dark humor with great moral implications-and believe it or not, not a bad date movie.Possibly Will Ferrell's best performance, Emma Thompson and Dustin Hoffman were great, even queen laitfah is good, but Maggie Gyllenhaal steals the movie."SPOILER"-Maybe because it has a somewhat Hollywood ending, it got overlooked at Oscar time-not profane or morose enough. Definitely in my top 5 of the year-guess I'd have to boot "The Departed", or "Babel" out to make room for it. Both very morose movies by the way.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].