Awesome Bad Movies

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Awesome Bad Movies

Post by Sam Gamgee » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:26 pm

So I just saw this really awesome bad movie, Mr. Vampire. Now, I remember seeing the opening scene on YouTube from somewhere, but I don't remember where I got the link from - it might have been this forum. No idea.

But what happens when you take martial arts and mix it with vampires - only CHINESE vampire? (creatures which have an... interesting... way of getting around...)

Awesome badness. Here's the first bit of the movie - start the clip around 2:30 to get the real good stuff.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1x062XmBvbc
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:34 pm

Mr. Vampire is the definitive Chinese hopping vampire movie. I love it. (It is easy to avoid a Chinese vampire... just don't breath... ) :P
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:22 pm

If you haven't seen it, look up Max Magician and the Legend of the Magic Rings. It is the best movie ever in that it is the worst movie ever! For a few examples, most of the over-dubbing is a split-second off, the props were all made in a redneck's basement, the movie was made completely seriously (as you can tell from the bonus features and commentary, and the director has made other movies at the same quality), and... crud... I can't remember the other thing I was going to say, but you all get the point. It has got to be one of my favorite movies!
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.