Star Trek

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Star Trek

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue May 12, 2009 12:56 pm

Okay...was real trepidacious about this one. But it totally rocks!!!!J.J.Abrams and company have truly reinvented it and made it quite contemporary. The cast is top notch esp. those playing Spock and Kirk. The effects are top-notch, and the story is too. Don't miss it!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

TheMarsh-WiggleQuester
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TheMarsh-WiggleQuester » Tue May 12, 2009 2:00 pm

I'm a bit skeptical about this, it has very good reviews and even Leornard Nimoy on it. Maybe I'll watch this weekend [if I don't watch Angels&Demons...], I just hope that they didn't make a Star Wrek [Wars+Trek, btw]. :wink: I really like both worlds separated.
[i]"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."[/i]
[b]C. S. Lewis[/b]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue May 12, 2009 2:15 pm

I was totally rocked. Lots of great moments, great chemistry. No disappointments.
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Tue May 12, 2009 9:37 pm

I haven't seen it yet, but someone said it was good- but kind of reminded them from a segment in the 200th episode of Stargate SG-1 where they used angsty younger counterparts for 'Wormhole XTreme'
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Wed May 13, 2009 8:37 am

Ok, I have to admit that I actually really liked it. Kirk was obnoxious, but other than that... and the Spocks' talk at the end of the movie was terrible, but we're going to pretend like that never happened. I definitely want to see it again. And I'm normally biased to the extremely anti-star-trek side. I think Battlestar Galactica made me a little bit more generous to sci fi...

The only other Star Trek I've ever seen is The Wrath of Khan, but according to some longer-time fans, Star Wars and Star Trek are almost inverses: the old Star Wars movies were awesome, and the prequels were terrible. But (from my understanding) the old Star Trek is largely corny and unwatchable, but this prequel is really good and even non-Trekkies like it.
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Wed May 13, 2009 7:01 pm

Speaking of Bat. Gal. anyone have any of the season soundtracks of Bear McCreary?

Season 2 and 3 are fantastic!
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03