Last movie you visited...

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:46 pm

I wanna see Ghost Rider. I hope they didn't screw it up like so many other Marvel movies.

Apparently The Bourne Ultimacy is supposed to come out this year, so that will be exciting.

Thimon
Professional
Professional

Post by Thimon » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:07 pm

I'm not really a comic guy..
Though I liked most of the comic TV series including manga.

Ghost rider looks like scorpion from Mortal combat. or is it the other way around? :lol:

I don't know The Bourne and after a quick search it isn't really interesting me.. :oops:

I am actually exited about The Silver Surfer. They are going to introduce him in the next fantastic four movie. The trailer already is somewhere online. let me search...

here you go.
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fanta ... versurfer/

To bad he still is 'the villain' if you know what I mean.

Also waiting for 300 and His dark materials is coming to theaters to!! :D
"Are you on the list?"
- Heroes

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:46 am

Last night the wife and I snuck out and saw Ghost Rider with a couple of her colleagues from the department and we all had a good time. Being the comic book geek that I am, I enjoyed this for being just as corny as the comic. Nick Cage is great in this and I am not always his biggest fan. Sam Elliot and Peter Fonda are fun in this too.

SE: "You alright?"
GR: "I feel like my skull is on fire, but I'm good."

Also saw a preview for the Silver Surfer flick coming this summer. Sweet![/quote]

I saw GR yesterday, and enjoyed it. Actually Nick Cage did a good job.Yes it was corny, but pretty well acted, decent story, and great effects,very scary at times to me. And I had no desire at all to see the new Fantastic Four until I saw the silver surfer previews-awesome!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:43 pm

ok, guys, I have to brag: I get to see 300 in IMAX this Sunday. Just a BIT excited about that.
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:38 am

Sam Gamgee wrote:ok, guys, I have to brag: I get to see 300 in IMAX this Sunday. Just a BIT excited about that.
Saw it last night in digital - WOW! One of the best war flicks ever. Of course, I've been into the Leonidas story for several years now - so to see it on the screen was a big deal for me. The theater was packed - people were chearing. Amazing! Beautiful.
Steve
:D :D :D :D :D
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:30 pm

You shoulda read the review our paper's movie critic gave it.... I really don't get him... he gave it 2.5 starts (out of 4), and then years ago he gave The Real Cancun 4/4 stars.

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:33 pm

The Chicago Tribune and The Onion both said the movie was lame, ridiculosuly overly CG'd, and disappointing. :-/ One of them compared it to Apocalypto, which worries me, because I really didn't get that movie.

But at least the Persian Wars are inherently more interesting as subject matter than A Random Mayan Running Away From Other Mayans. I'm sure I'll be entertained.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:04 pm

Sam Gamgee wrote:The Chicago Tribune and The Onion both said the movie was lame, ridiculosuly overly CG'd, and disappointing. :-/ One of them compared it to Apocalypto, which worries me, because I really didn't get that movie.

But at least the Persian Wars are inherently more interesting as subject matter than A Random Mayan Running Away From Other Mayans. I'm sure I'll be entertained.
Wasn't that a random Mayan running from non-random Aztecs?
As for the Tribune and anyone else who thinks the 300 is lame - well thats just not a goodern. How could anyone walk into this film not know that it is mostly CG'd?
Also, I think the idea of Western civilization standing up against Eastern theocracy probably doesn't play well with the media. As in the movie - the only reason Lionidus had only 300 men to fight at his side was that certain other Greeks were really rooting for Xerxes - and were none too willing to vote for a 'surge'. :lol:

:evil:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:01 am

Yeah, now that I've actually SEEN the movie... in IMAX... holy freaking cow. I have three words to describe it: "Epitome Of Manliness". I mean, you got your blood, guts, war, ridiculously macho men, naked chicks, even explosions - what more do you need?

It was flipping awesome!!!!

Artistically, it was just amazing - the camera angles, the coloring of the frames, the way they shot battles - there's this one scene where Leonidas is plowing in slow motion through a bunch of persians - and then they speed it up every time he strikes a guy (and pause again to watch him fall) - SO cool!!!

I've also learned valuable moral lessons: that historically Spartans really cared about being *free* as a country, and were not just doing what soldiers do because the council said so, and that the Spartans, being the Epitome of Manliness, were of course, straight, that ugly people are always evil, and really ought to be destroyed at birth, gay people are pansies, and black people are not only dumb enough to worship a guy with golden underwear chained to his nose, but they're evil too. (...It's freaking 300, did you expect real substance and valuable life-lessons? Who's going to take this seriously?!)

Although, as one of my friends commented, if they had actually played everything at full speed, the movie would have been a half hour shorter.

I was really impressed though. Those critics just have bad taste.

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:15 pm

Btw The Bourne Ultimatum comes out August 1.

esteban
Amateur
Amateur

Post by esteban » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:39 pm

yeshead 777 wrote:And I had no desire at all to see the new Fantastic Four until I saw the silver surfer previews-awesome!
I still can't quite understand how we get another F4 given the inanity of the first - guess it made some moola. Was I ever glad I saw that outside, for free, with free popcorn and Dippin' Dots. It was worth every penny :lol:

It's possible to make an inane movie with insanely great previews. I'm going to want your review before they prize anymore of my hard-earned cash out of my hands.
Ecce quam bonum et quam iucundum habitare fratres in unum.

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Wed May 02, 2007 5:25 pm

Kinda crazy movie summer. Got Spiderman 3, Pirates 3, Shrek 3, Bourne 3, and Rush Hour 3.

And of course, Transformers. I'm definately seeing Transformers.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat May 05, 2007 8:56 pm

SPIDERMAN 3 ROCKS!!!!! There's alot to cover and wrap up-almost too much, but overall a great script,and some of the best action sequences in the whole series.Very dark at times, but great message of forgiveness at the end.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Sat May 05, 2007 10:46 pm

I haven't seen it yet, and I've set my hopes to be very low. From the start I knew it wasn't gonna be too great. They put 3 villains in the movie, one of which is his arch enemy. Way too much stuff to cover.

Although, now Tobey says that he might be up for a Spiderman 4. What they better do is have the only bad guys in that movie be Carnage (Red suited venom, deranged psychokiller) and Venom, although Venom could team up with Spiderman. It happens. I'm assuming Harry dies at the end of Spiderman 3, so no more goblins to deal with. Unless they're gonna throw in Hobgoblin, but that would be dumb.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

BUG

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat May 26, 2007 5:04 am

Don't preconcieve on this movie-if you like intense incredible acting in an almost play like setting(its based on an off-broadway show),and don't mind your brain being royally screwed with, and brief grotesque violence-this is the movie for you!Go see it and tell me wat you think-I loved it, but I'm really strange. P.S.Don't take a bath before, you'll have to take one right after(HEHE).