Glass Hammer Female Vocalists,

Solo and backing vocals

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Moog Taurus
Amateur
Amateur

Glass Hammer Female Vocalists,

Post by Moog Taurus » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:08 pm

I would just like to say that the girls in Glass Hammer really add to the overall flavour of GH albums , I rarely come across music that I like that includes female singers .
I believe that they are used to enhance and advance the kind of music GH produce and long may it continue.
I was very happy that TIS gave more time over to the girls , they add a contrasting element in the story telling process. :D

Dave

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:34 pm

Hear hear!

However, I still love both Fred and Steve's voices, and the distinct sound they bring as well :D
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

Kineto Zetetics

Re: Glass Hammer Female Vocalists,

Post by Kineto Zetetics » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:40 am

Moog Taurus wrote:I would just like to say that the girls in Glass Hammer really add to the overall flavour of GH albums , I rarely come across music that I like that includes female singers .
I believe that they are used to enhance and advance the kind of music GH produce and long may it continue.
I was very happy that TIS gave more time over to the girls , they add a contrasting element in the story telling process. :D

Dave
Really looking forwards to the new album.
Concerning the input of the female vocalists, I was wondering why Bethany Warren isn't performing on 'Culture of Ascent' ?
Dave

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:09 am

Kineto Zetetics wrote:
Moog Taurus wrote:I would just like to say that the girls in Glass Hammer really add to the overall flavour of GH albums , I rarely come across music that I like that includes female singers .

Dave
Really looking forwards to the new album.
Concerning the input of the female vocalists, I was wondering why Bethany Warren isn't performing on 'Culture of Ascent' ?
Hey,
Good question. Bethany did some early work on the album - helping me with parts for Life By Light. She also sang on what would have been the opening track - a track that was cut from this release. It'll show up on iTunes in the near future however, and is called "Eiger Dreams".
She's been very busy with college - and that kept her away for most of the time. But she'll be at our band/album-release party next weekend.
Thanks,
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:12 pm

Does Laura Lindstrom sing on this album? I love her voice so much.
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:38 am

Sam Gamgee wrote:Does Laura Lindstrom sing on this album? I love her voice so much.
We LOVE Laura's voice. She has killer tone to her voice. Short answer - nope. But, she came by last week and will come by again this week. We're talking about doing some work with her, but nothing solid. I'll let her know you asked though, and it'll make her day.
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:34 pm

Well, in that case, you might also mention that she's my favorite of the female vocalists of Glass Hammer and possibly anywhere else. And then through a couple of pretty pleases for her to do more solo work in the future?
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

yanks07
Amateur
Amateur

Post by yanks07 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:35 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:
Kineto Zetetics wrote:
Moog Taurus wrote: Dave
Hey,
Good question. Bethany did some early work on the album - helping me with parts for Life By Light. She also sang on what would have been the opening track - a track that was cut from this release. It'll show up on iTunes in the near future however, and is called "Eiger Dreams".
She's been very busy with college - and that kept her away for most of the time. But she'll be at our band/album-release party next weekend.
Steve
I was just going to ask the same question. Good to know she's still involved. Her voice has matured a lot, I was looking forward to hearing her again. I'll definitely be looking for that song on iTunes. I also noticed she hasn't posted in a while, I can understand with the college workload.
And now for something completly different

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:31 pm

Dave
My thoughts exactly. I don't know any other band where I actually look forward to female vocals (not trying to be sexist or anything). Glass Hammer just incorporates them so well.

Oh, and Laura does vocals for the beginning of ITCOA, right? If so, then I LOVE her voice (were any effects put on her voice at the beginning of that song? Her voice sounds very crisp and beautiful).
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:52 pm

Yeah, we like her too. Wish we had a chance to do more with her! She also sings Morrigan's Song on Inconsolable.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:37 am

Japes wrote:

Dave
My thoughts exactly. I don't know any other band where I actually look forward to female vocals (not trying to be sexist or anything). Glass Hammer just incorporates them so well.

Oh, and Laura does vocals for the beginning of ITCOA, right? If so, then I LOVE her voice (were any effects put on her voice at the beginning of that song? Her voice sounds very crisp and beautiful).
Do you have Laura's UI Blue album? We have it for sale on our store page. She sings the whole thing.

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:33 am

MayorOfLongview wrote:
Japes wrote:

Dave

Do you have Laura's UI Blue album? We have it for sale on our store page. She sings the whole thing.
Great, you just convinced me to spend MORE money. Now I'm going to have to get all 5 "items of interest" in the store! :D

Oh, what exactly is CPR, is it pre-recorded songs from a bunch of artists, or are there exclusive songs recorded specifically for that?
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.