Fred and Steve voices

Solo and backing vocals

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri May 21, 2004 6:59 pm

Sam Gamgee wrote:I am happy to announce that after NEARfest I am not confused on any of the male vocalists. ...But I never got to hear Sarah or bethany very well, so they're a bit harder to distinguish. But I know Susie when I hear her! ... at least...
Yes, but live, Fred and Walter sing "One King". On the studio album, I sang both parts. It should sound somewhat different. Sarah sings all the high parts, and sounds very young. Bethany is an alto and doubles the parts that Flo does on the live material.
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sat May 22, 2004 10:36 am

Yeah, I was paying close attention during the DVD and was kind of weirded out by that. But then again, not everyone can double themselves on the octave for live performance. :shrug: :roll:

So Bethany's an alto? Wow, I always assumed she was a soprano for some reason. What about in WWWY? She looks, by the way she's opening her mouth and all, that she's the one going for that high A. And Susie's singing the tenor melody, and Flo's an alto too. So Bethany's an alto with a big range, right? (I thought Susie was mainly an alto, too, actually... an alto with a big range, once again...)

And one more thing: you know that line "sons of adam, daughters of eve" on WWWY? You told me that on the CD it was somewhere in the mix between the last two verses, sung by Sarah somewhere in the upper ranges. i've never been able to hear it. Did you include that in the NF performance? If so, who sings it, so that I can watch them? It's driving me crazy!
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sat May 22, 2004 4:08 pm

Sam Gamgee wrote:

So Bethany's an alto? Wow, I always assumed she was a soprano for some reason. What about in WWWY? She looks, by the way she's opening her mouth and all, that she's the one going for that high A. And Susie's singing the tenor melody, and Flo's an alto too. So Bethany's an alto with a big range, right? (I thought Susie was mainly an alto, too, actually... an alto with a big range, once again...)

!
You're right. They are doing the high stuff. I was thinking of Chronos Deliverer I guess. One of the sopranos does the Adam and Eve thing on the DVD, but not NEARfest. On the album "lex rex" it is done by Sarah.
:)
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sat May 22, 2004 11:15 pm

i've also never been able to make out the adam and eve line
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sun May 23, 2004 7:47 am

Bnielsen wrote:i've also never been able to make out the adam and eve line
It was supposed to be sort of vague, but not quite that vague!
Can you hear it on the DVD?
steve :oops:

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sun May 23, 2004 9:43 am

I didn't hear it either the first listen (of the actual DVD - I didn't hear it on the online clip either), and I was watching carefully. Now I'll have to go look even more carefully...

Awesome signature, Brian! And I like the buddy icon. ;)
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sun May 23, 2004 1:14 pm

Sam Gamgee wrote:I didn't hear it either the first listen (of the actual DVD - I didn't hear it on the online clip either), and I was watching carefully. Now I'll have to go look even more carefully...

Awesome signature, Brian! And I like the buddy icon. ;)
You won't be able to see it because the camera isn't on the girls during that line. In fact, I think I only had whoever did it, sing the line 'daughter of eve', because there was so much to sing there. It is there, I promise. Very high - near the end.
Steve

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sun May 23, 2004 10:16 pm

Sam Gamgee wrote:Awesome signature, Brian! And I like the buddy icon. ;)
Thank you Sam!
I figured it was time that i changed my profile a little =)
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

DruidsGlass
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by DruidsGlass » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:17 pm

yea, she's right, ur sig is good...
We shall not let Word Association go quietly into the night!