GH's breakthrough show from summer '03

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen, CanarioAB

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

cds and scores

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:08 am

Hello to all,
I've got mailing addresses printed, and as soon as the scores are printed (tomorrow probably) we'll mail them out with the cdrs of the three songs with the edits.

Take care,
Steve :D
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

King
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by King » Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:44 pm

I got my scores and CD in the mail yesterday and am looking over the music now :) . You guys even signed the scores?! Cool!! :D I really like Chronos Deliverer (had never heard it or Heaven before). No worries on that one, will continue to go over it. I am going over WWWY now, and over it, and over it....yeah, it is a really challenging one but I like it :D . I have not looked at Heaven yet though. Well, I just wanted to pop in and comment.

Talk to you guys later,
King

CanarioAB
Professional
Professional

Post by CanarioAB » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:18 am

It seems that everyone has received their scores/CDs. PLEASE, everyone -- if you have any questions or problems email me at CanarioAB@aol.com. I will either email you back or call you (if you email me your phone number).

Some things that might help:

:idea: One singer has already told me that when frustration set in it was helpful to walk away from it for a while, then upon returning it fell more clearly into place. Great advice!

:idea: I suggest listening to any unfamiliar tunes several times until the music 'clicks' in your ear/head. This was most helpful to me when scoring the parts I was less familiar with. Once you 'know' the CD, the parts will come MUCH easier!!!

:idea: If you spend just 15 minutes EVERY day on this, you WILL learn it. Don't wait until the last minute!

:idea: I have many 'tricks' to help you learn difficult intervals and passages, so PLEASE email me rather than bang your head against the wall ... I'm here to help (really!) :D

We will all need to be present during the sound check just before GH takes the stage, in order to go over a few areas, in particular the segue from 'WWWYoung' to 'Heaven'. Just be aware that when SGM is done, stick around for the cue to go backstage. We'll work out just what that cue will be in the next few weeks.

The risers have been arranged with the theater; two singers still need to email their height measurements to me (SG and BN).

Now ... get to work :wink:

Sincerely,
April
CanarioAB@aol.com

CanarioAB
Professional
Professional

Post by CanarioAB » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:30 am

One more thing (or maybe 2) ...

Some parts (Soprano and Baritone, in particular) have areas where there might be a choice of two notes to sing. I've done this in areas that might be too high for some.

Sopranos, I only need 1-2 women who can hit the higher note, so if you can hit it, great; if not, don't strain or push, go for the lower note.

Baritones, I've given you the option of lower notes in some areas. Try for the upper, but if it's too high, go for the lower octave.

That really goes for anyone. If you come a cross a note that's just out of your range, go up or down an octave, or sing another note, as long as it's IN THAT CHORD!!!!! Please only do that, however, if you have no other option. Check with me if you're not sure.

And finally ... someone asked me today if I meant to score the Tenor in WWWYoung in treble clef. The answer is yes, I did intend to do that. It is accepted musical notation to do so; it is understood that the tenors will be singing an octave lower. So don't panic :!: The Conductor's score shows it in the correct range in the piano reduction (the 2 lines below the 4 choir parts).

OK ... I gotta get some sleep!!

April

CanarioAB
Professional
Professional

Post by CanarioAB » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:31 am

Don't let that time fool you ... it's 4:30am here :shock:

April