GH's breakthrough show from summer '03

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen, CanarioAB

Post by Janie » Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:04 pm

To All the Members of Glass Hammer, April (you rock!), and my Fellow Choir Members,

From the very bottom of my heart, I thank you all so much for the wonderful experience of singing with you at Nearfest.

It was an honor to be able to spend the time and work with all of you, and for me, it was a dream come true.

You have all given me a wonderful memory - and I doubt I can adequately express how much this meant to me on that particular day, but please know you all have a special place in my heart, for helping me when you did not even know it.
*hugs* to all of you, and I hope to see you all next year, if not sooner.
(May the most that you wish for, be the least that you receive)

Post by Bnielsen » Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:25 pm

Hey everyone *exhausted* Brian here...

Just wanted to tell you all how much of a priviledge it was to sing with you on stage, I have'nt had that much fun since.... way too long!

I think we shoud have boke out into ana capella version of Bohemian Rhapsody for an encore ;-)

Taoke care- I'm getting sleep now....

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:18 pm

Wow. guys, that was SOOO COOOL!!! (and yes, i stubbornly cling to my MN way of speaking. GUYS in the generic sense ;)) So we got to be on the stage with Rich Williams and Glass Hammer at the same time! And perform with Glass Hammer! Perform Glass Hammer's best songs, back to back! That was so incredible. Wow. i really appreciated singing with everyone. and thank you ESPECIALLY to Steve and Fred gang! It was such a privilege to be able to sing with you!! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!
I don't know how many people got to hear some of the bootlegged tape, but from what I heard we sounded pretty good!! :D Not bad at all for not being able to hear ourselves!
I'll put the pictures up as soon as I can -

[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

Post by bb » Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:39 pm

"Me too" isn't usually good netiquette but this time I think it's appropriate.

A great big THANK YOU to GH for inviting me, and another big
THANK YOU to Fred, Steve, Walter, the lasses, and the whole onstage
gang for all their help and support -- especially when they had their own stuff to deal with too. It meant a lot to both me and Fred to be on stage together, even in this minor way.

And to you other choir folks -- what a job!

And finally, thanks to Harry -- without trusting his hand on the
volume knob, I don't think I would have dared do anything other than
mouth the words, once I realized how completely I could NOT hear
myself sing!

Site Admin
Site Admin

I was moved to tears!

Post by Venividi » Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:40 pm

Extreme thanks to Steve and Fred and the rest of Glass Hammer for allowing us to contribute to the NEARfest performance!!!!!!! I echo Samwise's thoughts-to be able to sing GH's 3 best songs on stage with GH-Totally Awesome! I was literally moved to tears!