Studio M Live Tapes of concert

GH's breakthrough show from summer '03

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen, CanarioAB

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Studio M Live Tapes of concert

Post by Bnielsen » Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:59 pm

Okay, I DID talk to Studio M (the guys that do a internet broadcast of past nearfest shows) and they said they would be willing to get anyone in the band, or choir, a copy of our perfomance. The sound quality should be okay, they had a line out from the main board in the back, plus two ambient mikes that would pick up more of our singing (I hope) and recorded on a good videocamera.

They need permission from someone in the band first... did any of the band members talk to them on Sunday night?

At any rate, once they get the o.k., all we have to do is get inconctact with Studio M and pay for the shipping, and tapes to be made... anyone want to be the person to discuss all these things with Studio M?

Brian

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Re: Studio M Live Tapes of concert

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:10 am

Bnielsen wrote:anyone want to be the person to discuss all these things with Studio M?

Brian

Hey,
That would be me :D
Do you have an email address for them? Name? I wouldn't put much faith in a board recording though. As Harry says, "I can either mix for the house, or mix for the tape, but I can't do both." I suspect it will sound rather bad.
There should be a multi-track available though. Maybe we'll hear a rough from it soon???
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

studiomlive.com

Post by Bnielsen » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:29 am

im not sure who to contact form there, but they siad that they would try to clean it up as best as possible....

still, its better to have another copy of it than nothing right?

CanarioAB
Professional
Professional

Post by CanarioAB » Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:38 pm

The guy doing the board mix over by the choir is Mike Potter. I will see him this weekend, anything you'd like me to pass on?

April

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

the 32 track DAT?

Post by Bnielsen » Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:01 pm

If they were able to maybe isolate just the three songs we did and the kansas cover and clean them up a bit and get them to us as an mp3, that would be just awesome!

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:43 pm

Totally! Although the rest of the show would be great to have eventually too...
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Re: the 32 track DAT?

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:02 pm

Bnielsen wrote:If they were able to maybe isolate just the three songs we did and the kansas cover and clean them up a bit and get them to us as an mp3, that would be just awesome!

Just wanted you all to know that we have never heard anything back about either the live recording or the multi-track recording.
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

CanarioAB
Professional
Professional

Post by CanarioAB » Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:58 am

For what it's worth Steve, none of the bands have heard anything yet. You can always email Mike Potter at eclipse@ari.net for an update.

April