Note to the Choir and April

GH's breakthrough show from summer '03

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen, CanarioAB

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Note to the Choir and April

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:19 am

This is short and sweet (due to fatigue!)

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are all my dream come true. I am honored more than you will ever know - sincerely!!!!

On a final note - what you experienced at the 'sound check' was not a sound check. I should have refused to allow the show to continue until we could all hear. But that is behind us now. The fans loved it, and that afterall is the point....
Steve
Last edited by MayorOfLongview on Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

technical notes

Post by Bnielsen » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:34 am

i think the 2 main problems beside the fact they couldnt figure what monitor was which, was the choir mics were too high up, and since the stage shell traps a lot of the mid frequencies badly, i actually heard a couple of times when they tried to turn the choir up, but it started to feed back. I agree though, that was a frighteningly bad sound check... the firs time i heard the choir as a whole singing was the a capella section lol... and then the final chords but we rocked anyway ;-)

CanarioAB
Professional
Professional

Post by CanarioAB » Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:58 pm

Steve, Fred, Matt, Eric, Walter and girls:

I am overwhelmed -- and only sad now because it's over! (Fred gets one of the 'best line' awards for the weekend on that one -- 'don't get all postpartum on me!'). Please -- really -- can we do this again???

I never dreamed I'd ever get to work with such a great band, and great people. My emotions have been everywhere in the last 4 days, but mostly now I'm just elated, content, and happy that we DID IT!!!!! And did it well. I'll admit that there were times in the last 6 months when I thought that this birthing was going to be too much ... but God is good. I knew it would be worth it, and it was, and so so much more.

I think even the rough start to the first rehearsal (entirely my fault -- I simply couldn't get my addled brain together) helped ultimately ... this kind of stuff usually removes any complacency and it was ... a bonding experience perhaps?? But then it was even greater that it did come together so well. I will NEVER forget the first time the guys just RIPPED through 'When We Were Young'.!!!!!!!

Now ... off to sleep for about a week! I thought about you guys (non-gender specific!) driving FOURTEEN hours yesterday, and prayed for travelling mercies. Glad to hear you're back home safely.

The honor has been mine, believe me. Every singer worked hard and seemed to come prepared, which was essential and made us a success. I am blessed beyond words (unbelievable, I know!) to know every one of you. Special thanks to Steve for so much personal guidance and support.

Much, much love,
April

CanarioAB
Professional
Professional

Post by CanarioAB » Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:00 pm

P.S. --

Harry: I love you too!!!!!

Matt: Party in a box :lol:

April