GH's breakthrough show from summer '03

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen, CanarioAB

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

NEARfest LIVE (Glass Hammer CD)

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:58 am

Hey gang,
Fred and I are heading over to another studio tomorrow with our NEARfest tapes and our console to transfer the audio. We will finally get to hear whats on those tapes! I'll keep you notified. April, please pass this along to the choir.
If it is a 'good' recording, we will make it a 'great' one. We will just have to see what the performance was like.
Say a prayer!
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:08 pm

I really hope that you guys find a way to 'dub' that organ back in.... I am positive it was maybe one or two soongs before portait... the DAT technitions were isolating the organ channel, and they definately were getting no signal.... i belive off of the full console organ fred was playing....
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

CanarioAB
Professional
Professional

Post by CanarioAB » Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:10 am

Supreme coolness. I'll pass it on :D

April

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:58 pm

Hello again,
We are back from the other studio, but only with 16 tracks of the 40 that were recorded. 2 of the tapes are 16 bit (we got those) and 3 are 24 bit. We're booking time in another studio to get the rest, hopefully later this week.
We had the audience mics and the vocal mics. So far so good. I imagine there will be enough of the choir to make this work. So for now, everyone relax until we get all the tracks back here. I will let you know when we've heard it all.
God bless :)
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

punx
Amateur
Amateur

Re: NEARfest LIVE (Glass Hammer CD)

Post by punx » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:12 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:Hey gang,
Fred and I are heading over to another studio tomorrow with our NEARfest tapes and our console to transfer the audio. We will finally get to hear whats on those tapes! I'll keep you notified. April, please pass this along to the choir.
If it is a 'good' recording, we will make it a 'great' one. We will just have to see what the performance was like.
Say a prayer!
Steve

WHOA!

TWO Glass Hammer releases in one year? There is a Supreme Being! :cackle: :cackle: :cackle: :cackle: :cackle:

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:50 pm

Aquinas' missing sixth proof of God's existence! :dance::dance::dance:
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]