Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen, CanarioAB

Best time for Choir rehearsal

9am Saturday and Sunday
10%
9am Sunday only
No votes
Saturday Dinner Break (6-7)
10%
Saturday Dinner Break (6-7) & Sunday 9 a.m.
80%

Total votes: 10

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Here's the Rehearsal Poll

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:22 pm

Hello to the choir,
Here's a note from April (your director) regarding our limited rehearsal time. April can't post to the group right now, seems to be an AOL issue. I've had the same problem before.
I think her choice is a good one, (dinner break 6-7 on Saturday, and 9:00 a.m. Sunday).
I know its tight, and no one want's to get up early, but we can't do this without the rehearsal time. Thanks in advance!
You guys vote, and we'll make it happen. :D
Email us if we're missing something, or you have a better idea about how to pull this off...
Here's her note:

Our rehearsal options are: before the pre-show on Friday evening (i.e., @6-6:30pm, but not ideal because 2 of our singers are in the preshow, and a lot of folks won't be in town yet); 9am Sat and/or Sun; dinner break Sat (could rehearse 6-7, giving folks an hour to eat).
My preferences are dinner break Sat and 9am Sun. Since the preshow is likely to go until 2am on Friday night, asking folks to turn around and show up at 9am is cruel!! But if we have to, we have to.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Cholz

rehearsals

Post by Cholz » Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:45 pm

Hello April... and fellow choir folks.. Thanks April for taking this one on..I'm sure you're gonna do a great job coordinating things.
Hey..I'm up for rehearsals at any time.. I voted for the two you are leaning toward; however, I'd be up for others, Count me in... just tell me when and where to go! :wink:

All for now.. (she says doing vocal excercises!)

Take care everyone!

Christine

Janie

Post by Janie » Sat May 03, 2003 1:36 pm

April - I have no preference as to when we rehearse. I will be there Friday, and I'm agreeable to whatever is easiest for you, and the rest of the choir. Just put me where you need me.

*hugs*
janie

Ident

Rehearsal times

Post by Ident » Fri May 16, 2003 1:20 am

I voted for Saturday dinner *only*, just cause getting me out of bed and singing by 9am after (probly) partying all night seems *highly* unlikely. :zzz:

btw, I still haven't gotten the CD or scores - sent my address more than a month ago. anything else I need to do to get them?

laura

p.s. I could also do Friday and Saturday eves.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Re: Rehearsal times

Post by MayorOfLongview » Wed May 21, 2003 6:44 am

Ident wrote:btw, I still haven't gotten the CD or scores - sent my address more than a month ago. anything else I need to do to get them?

I'm burning those cds this week, and mailing them out as soon as they're done. I'll post here as soon as they've actually been mailed.
Thanks for waiting and thanks for singing! :D
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

CanarioAB
Professional
Professional

Score status

Post by CanarioAB » Fri May 23, 2003 3:01 pm

Hi all,

Score transcription was completed last night, and today (Friday 5/23) they were overnighted for computer entry and final copy format (thanks to Michael Rumpza for taking over that task).

Once the scores are in your hands, the success of this gig falls to you. It is crucial that everyone come to Trenton knowing their parts. They are not difficult, but please, PLEASE know them before you arrive in Trenton. We are somewhat at a disadvantage as we will not get a rehearsal with the band, and hearing it all on stage for the first time at the actual performance may throw some of you if you're unsure of your notes. We will have monitors, of course, but they are not foolproof. Once you get your CD and score, find a keyboard and get the part into your 'ears'. As always, if you have any questions or problems, please email me at any time, and I will either email back or call you. I know several 'tricks' for learning difficult intervals and passages.

Finally -- please keep the partying to a minimum the night before the gig. Alcohol (as well as other things) is terribly drying, and overdoing it on Saturday night is likely to take it's toll on Sunday. A good night's sleep Saturday night would be nice as well, but I realize that might be even more unrealistic. I need each and every one of you to be as close to 100% as possible on Sunday. Be social of course, but please be mindful of the task at hand.

OK, lecture over ... overall I'm pleased with the way the scores fell together, and this is going to be great fun if we are confident and prepared.

Above all -- THANK YOU for committing to this project. It's gonna be a total blast.

April

CanarioAB
Professional
Professional

Friday rehearsal

Post by CanarioAB » Fri May 23, 2003 3:05 pm

I can look into a Friday late afternoon rehearsal (before the pre-show) if we get close to the gig and anyone feels the need. We can look at this as we get further into the month of June.

April