Important message for the choir

GH's breakthrough show from summer '03

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen, CanarioAB

CanarioAB
Professional
Professional

Important message for the choir

Post by CanarioAB » Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:58 pm

First of all, let me add to Steve's excitement over this project! Glass Hammer is the biggest reason I'm going to NEARfest, and I'm honored to be working with them, and with you. Lex Rex is a GREAT CD, and rest assured that I'm hard at work scoring your parts (in the midst of grad school and a new job!!). I am hopeful that you will have scores in hand by the end of May.

It is VITAL that everyone come to NEARfest knowing their parts, and knowing them well. This is particularly important because we will not get a chance to rehearse with the full band. Because of the stage setup and GH going on second on Sunday, we won't have the luxury of a band rehearsal, or even a stage rehearsal, but instead will have 2 piano rehearsals at the hotel. Steve has offered to send everyone a CD of the 3 pieces, PLEASE take him up on this ASAP. The second and third pieces are edited together, so having only the formal recordings won't give you the total picture. Ideally, our rehearsals in Trenton should only be to fine tune and go over any problem areas.

Above all ... have fun with this! Welcome to the GH family. Please feel free to email me at any time with any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
April Bower