Who played Drums on Shadowlands?

The eighth album

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:27 pm

It was a kit, but they weren't acoustic.
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

Prog Music's Frank
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Prog Music's Frank » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:54 pm

It depends. The drums on Chronometree were acoustic, or at least about 90% were. lex Rex/Shadowlands was played on the DDrums and then edited/retriggered quite a bit on the way to the final product but all the basic stuff was played in live... but I fixed fills and things that I blew/couldn't actually play :D

Nowadays for my personal stuff like the things on Soundclick I use DFHS and play them from a keyboard. To get an e-drum kit that would really take advantage of how they work would cost about six grand or more and it's just not worth it *lol*
[img]http://static.flickr.com/1/652239_be4b7aa3e3_m.jpg[/img]

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:40 pm

Hmmm.... I quite like Fred's drums. They're not very complicated, but they just seem so, I don't know, "down to earth." This is in no way looking at Matt's drums negatively, though. My brother has compared his drums to Portnoy's on more than one occasion, which is a HUGE compliment, but I think I will remain loyal to the "older" Glass Hammer sound.

PS, right after posting my previous message in the topic about BTGB, it started playing on my iTunes shuffle!!! =D =D
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.