Video?

The eighth album

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

ts_mpls

Video?

Post by ts_mpls » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:06 pm

I may be a little late on this one, but is the video clip of the Shadowlands recording session (mentioned in the announcements forum) no longer available anywhere? Are there any video clips available?

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:42 am

Hey, does the mpls stand for minneapolis? Then you're right across the river from me! Cool! Welcome to the forum. :)

I tried linking to most of the videos on my video page on ghfan.net, but the links no longer work, so the files definitely aren't in the same place anymore if they do exist. Sorry.
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:20 am

If someone wants to email or pm StepSeven, he may have all the old files backed up. GHfan.net would certainly be a great site to keep them on.
I'd love to see The Winder or whatever we called it, again. It was a fantastic piece of art.
8)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

ts_mpls

Post by ts_mpls » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:03 pm

The "mpls" does indeed stand for Minneapolis!

You can definitely call me a very recent Glass Hammer fan. I come from a background of Dream Theater, Spock's Beard, King's X, Rush, etc. So i was immediately drawn to the melodic complexity of Shadowlands. And it doesn't hurt that GH has such cute backup singers. ;)

Just last week i got the Lex Live DVD and i must say (and this in no way subtracts from the rest of the band, who are superb on it) that i was blown away by Walter Moore. I didn't realize what an excellent guitar player he is. And of course you get some taste of this on the albums, but his voice is absolutely incredible.

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:18 pm

No kidding! And you weren't there for the NEARfest choir practices.... he could drown out the whole choir on his own! Walter is awesome!!

Well, welcome to the forum! Hail to fellow Minnesotans! ...Where the beautiful snow-covered Narnia is right outside your window!
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

yyzmoose
Professional
Professional

Post by yyzmoose » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:18 am

ts_mpls wrote:
You can definitely call me a very recent Glass Hammer fan. I come from a background of Dream Theater, Spock's Beard, King's X, Rush, etc. So i was immediately drawn to the melodic complexity of Shadowlands. And it doesn't hurt that GH has such cute backup singers. ;)
Hey, cool musical background, you listed some of my all-time favorites! If you don't have it already, get Lex Rex and Chronomotree, and of course the current Inconsolable Secret. And yes, I agree with you on the backup singers, always an added bonus with GH!
And now for something completly different...