The Winder of Pane

The eighth album

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Winder of Pane

Post by Sam Gamgee » Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:07 pm

(this is about the site update, in case you haven't seen it yet...)

That was so awesome! The best art film i've ever seen! I feel that it has made a deep impact on my spiritual and emotional life forever(more). The highlight of the art was about 5 minutes into the film - Steve and Fred walk OUT OF the vocal booth and you see them in the door frame. Wow. Talk about action!!!! And then the hand at the end... how compeltely artistic!

No, seriously, I was laughing much. :lol: It was awesome. The musical highlight I think was around 4:20 to 5 minutes. That sounds so cool!!! I can't wait! I know I'm going to love that song. "Run Lisette" I assume. (read the GHfan.net interview for more about that one) :cackle:
I recognize a few clips from the "Elevator" movie too, i think.

Oh, and my older sister (who always complains about my prog car tapes) just asked me what this was, and said she liked it, and thought it was "actually interesting" (apparently lex rex wasn't...(?!!??!)) So at least in her opinion, it surpasses Lex rex. My brother (the one who hates prog most) actually liked [parts of it] too! To be certain of my opinion, I'd probably have to listen to the whole things 20+ times, but from what I hear, I will admit that there are parts that seem to be *gasp* even COOLER than One King. Wow. I don't know how well I can handle better than lex rex! ;) Yay! Go GH!
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

Tim

Work In PROGress

Post by Tim » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:34 am

First and foremost, we should say RIP to Freddy's mullet. A moment of silence please....................................................................................
I love how the new stuff is coming along, I especially like the Gentle giant-y twiddly bits. The strings are are also nice. As is the TFTO desktop. But where, oh where, is Rich Williams? Didn't he say he'd trek up all the way from Hot-lanta to play some geetar for yas???? And are those real drums I hear??!!!

-Tim in the Flower City
"Men often stumble on the Truth, but usually dust themselves off & hurry away."
- Winston Churchill

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Re: Work In PROGress

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:16 pm

Tim wrote:First and foremost, we should say RIP to Freddy's mullet. A moment of silence please....................................................................................
I love how the new stuff is coming along, I especially like the Gentle giant-y twiddly bits. The strings are are also nice. As is the TFTO desktop. But where, oh where, is Rich Williams? Didn't he say he'd trek up all the way from Hot-lanta to play some geetar for yas???? And are those real drums I hear??!!!

-Tim in the Flower City

Yo! Fred did get a hair cut, and has been the recipient of many a compliment from our illustrious clientelle. New stuff ROCKS even me! Yes, it is not one step ahead of Lex Rex - but two! I truly believe it!
I haven't called Rich yet. I haven't exactly figured out how I was going to explain to him that he had to let GH play a few shows with his little group sometime in the future. Cuz that's the plan. Get him in the studio, then start making demands!
I'll probably ask to to play on the next album though, since this one is nearly done.
Good to see you Tim!
Steve :D
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:08 pm

Hey, Tim! Welcome to the company of the speaking members of the forum! :cheers: Have some miruvor!

Two! Now that's a big claim, Steve. So what's this, you're getting better exponentially? I dunno if I can handle that one... :eyebrow: (lol... the mere thought of me remaning skeptical about claims of Glass Hammer's awesomeness is most amusing. Especially when the claims are coming from the Mayor himself!)

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:25 pm

Sam Gamgee wrote: Hey, Tim! Welcome to the company of the speaking members of the forum! :cheers: Have some miruvor!

Two! Now that's a big claim, Steve. So what's this, you're getting better exponentially? I dunno if I can handle that one... :eyebrow: (lol... the mere thought of me remaning skeptical about claims of Glass Hammer's awesomeness is most amusing. Especially when the claims are coming from the Mayor himself!)

Well, mainly the Mayor is 'stoked' about the addition of the strings and the real pipe organ. Of course the studio had a major overhaul too - so the sound has improved much. I listened to the rough tracks the other day and it just hit me that this was our best ever - by far!
Can't wait to hear the finished album!
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:23 pm

Oh, YOU can't wait...! :banghead:

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Thu Sep 18, 2003 7:57 pm

Hey, now I know what you're talking about with that pipe organ! COOL! I love the echoey church effect. Only... :oops: i still can't tell much difference in the final mix. I'm just really bad with my organs. ;)
And, wow, Flo IS awesome! I hadn't clearly heard her sing solo before. (i know she had one or two at NEARfest, but gee, I was too stoked to actually listen! (jk ;)))