The eighth album

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Getting closer!

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:42 am

Pipe organ, violin and viola - all recorded! :dance:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:09 pm

can't wait to hear the violin and viola! :hamburger:
(pipe organ too, but i don't know much about organs in general. :( )

What's still left to be done?
Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:04 am

Sam Gamgee wrote:can't wait to hear the violin and viola! :hamburger:
(pipe organ too, but i don't know much about organs in general. :( )

What's still left to be done?
vocals today and some later this week / one bass track / a little guitar / mxing and mastering - done :D
As for the pipe organ - it just sounds big and real. We use the sound alot - (ex. Chronos Deliverer). Using a real pipe organ in a big room makes a big difference. The intrument costs around $500,000.00!
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:52 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote: As for the pipe organ - it just sounds big and real. We use the sound alot - (ex. Chronos Deliverer). Using a real pipe organ in a big room makes a big difference. The intrument costs around $500,000.00!
Rick Wakeman, along with other Yes men, was on the radio interview show Rockline back in '91 sometime. A caller had a question along the lines of, is touring today easier than it was back in the 70s? Rick's reply included a reference to a pipe organ that the band took on tour with them, which "the crew tried to lose every night." :o

Chronos Deliverer was the first Glass Hammer song I listened to, when I downloaded it from gh.com. It had been several years since one single song, on first listen, affected me so deeply. It's a fantastic composition.

johnc