The eighth album

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

MIXING has begun!

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:36 pm

Here's a Shadowlands update.
I sang a few extra parts today on two new songs. Then - WE BEGAN TO MIX SHADOWLANDS!!!! Fred still has one guitar part left to do on one song, and that's it as far as the instruments and vocals go. We're done!
We mixed one tune, and I'm sure we'll be mixing it again before its over. At least the final process of finishing SHADOWLANDS has begun.
Travis Smith has come up with a VERY cool cover for us.
This will be the best GH album yet. Now I know I say that every time - but have I been wrong yet? See, I didn't think so! :twisted:
That's it for now.
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:43 pm

It all depends upon your definition of "wrong". As the Philosopher says, wrong can be divided into two ways: first, that a statement fails to correspond to truth in such a way that it is false, and secondly, wrong is often said to signify a statement's failure to correspond to popular opinion. Now popular opinion depends on the populace who are opining. Thus, depending on the various opinions of the groups, the popular opinion does not neccessarily correspond to truth, but may still be "wrong" in the second sense. In conclusion, if one were to ask various uninitiated inferior beings, the answer could come that Lex Rex was no better than any others. Thus in the first sense, Steve is always right, but in the second sense, he is not.
:cackle:
In other words, I'm SO happy I'm pretending to be Aquinas (in form, not content, of course ;))!! MIXING! YAY! I'm getting really excited!
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:54 am

Sam Gamgee wrote: It all depends upon your definition of "wrong". As the Philosopher says, wrong can be divided into two ways: first, that a statement fails to correspond to truth in such a way that it is false, and secondly, wrong is often said to signify a statement's failure to correspond to popular opinion. Now popular opinion depends on the populace who are opining. Thus, depending on the various opinions of the groups, the popular opinion does not neccessarily correspond to truth, but may still be "wrong" in the second sense. In conclusion, if one were to ask various uninitiated inferior beings, the answer could come that Lex Rex was no better than any others. Thus in the first sense, Steve is always right, but in the second sense, he is not.
In other words, I'm SO happy I'm pretending to be Aquinas (in form, not content, of course ;))!! MIXING! YAY! I
'm getting really excited!
Oh for the days when you spoke Elvish! :roll: I knew you should've changed classes :)
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:09 pm

No, Aquinas rules! This is in my main philosophy/theology/literature class, not the Kant one. But you gotta love Aquinas! (We read some of the Summa Theologiae, and I love him to bits - clear, understandable, precise, and 99.9% correct!)
...Wow. You know you're a geek when you enjoy doing philosopher impressions. I've passed the next bridge of geekdom! hurrah! Bring on the next challenge: fluently quoting philsophers, i wonder? Well, got a long way to go for that one. Back to homework...

Ilya apsa na valaina!

Theremin
Professional
Professional

Post by Theremin » Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:18 am

Qu'est que cette phrase "Ilya apsa na valaina!" indique?
I gotta admit that I'm a little bit confused
Sometimes it seems to me as if I'm just being used
Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise
If I don't stand my own ground, how can I find my way out of this maze?

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:19 pm

All food is divine. Maybe I should have thought of something more profound, but it's all good. ;)