Shadowlands Page

The eighth album

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Shadowlands Page

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:05 am

The Shadowlands page is up! Linked from the menu bar. Go see and post a comment! :D Thanks Phil! :sprite:
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:11 pm

DUDE!!!!

Where to start? Cover art!! Cooler than all of your previous albums put together, squared, minus e^(pi)i (a negative #, causing double negative, thus positive)... and a half!!!!! That is the COOLEST cover art ever (with the *possible* exception of Linkin Park Reanimation, which i happen to really like. I'll have to see the rest of the album design to decide.) WOW!!!! that's so COOL!!!!

I had just started downloading So Close, So Far Away and was listening to one of the interviews when my brother came an asked for the computer. aaaH!!!! he was sick and miserable, and i had to give it to him!!! Oh, the suffering!! There was nothing left for me then but to continue my homework. I had done everything but... Kant. AAHHH!!! Ok listen to this first sentence: "Now we have before us the entire dialectical play of the cosmological ideas, which do not permit an object congruent to them to be given in any possible experience, which, indeed, do permit reason to think them in agreement with the universal laws of experience, but which have not been thought up arbitraily; reason, rather, in continuous progression of the empirical synthesis, has been led to them necessarily when it tries to liberate from every condition, and to grasp in its unconditioned totality, that which can always be determined only coditionally in accordance with rules of expeience." ROFL! that is not even English!!! To make matters worse, one of my little brothers lost most of my CDs, so I couldn't even listen to Lex Rex to comfort my reading.

But then a miracle happened! My bro was too sick to play so i got the computer back and am now typing and listening to SCSFA.mp3 (and i love it!!)!! Well, i mean, i feel really bad for my poor brother... but i'm happy..? Ok, now i sound like a horrible person so I'm going to stop talking. But i'm really excited and happy!!!! I can't wait for Shadowlands!!
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

...So hows about that release date, Steve? Hmmmm?
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

Elrabin

Post by Elrabin » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:45 am

Oh, wow. The cover art is indeed phenomenal. Extraordinary! In my mind, it has certainly matched (if not exceeded) the majesty of Chronometree's. Too cool for words to adequately express.

As for 'So Close, So Far'... wow. I really enjoyed the track. It soars beautifully. The vocals are amazing. The sound is wonderful. Just... wow. I look forward to hearing the rest of the album. :D
hu ic earmcearig iscealdne sæ
winter wunade wræccan lastum

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:05 pm

We might have shadowlands before christmas?! :dance: YAY!
..but if the release date is in january, how does that work?
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:36 pm

Sam Gamgee wrote:We might have shadowlands before christmas?! :dance: YAY!
..but if the release date is in january, how does that work?

It just means the distributors won't have it until then. The website will sell early though :)
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Theremin
Professional
Professional

Post by Theremin » Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:38 pm

NIce! :D
I gotta admit that I'm a little bit confused
Sometimes it seems to me as if I'm just being used
Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise
If I don't stand my own ground, how can I find my way out of this maze?