Finally!

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

TheMarsh-WiggleQuester
Amateur
Amateur

Finally!

Post by TheMarsh-WiggleQuester » Wed May 06, 2009 7:55 pm

Repeting: Finally I've got my Lex Live DVD!

First of all: it was difficult to make it arrive here in Terras Brasilis, but it arrived.

Second: the show is really awesome. Steve's bass is crashing all the place, Fred keyboards [even sometimes hidden] are incredible precise and unique, Walter vocals and guitar...you know! Everything is in place here!

Let's pass to the Questions [yes, capitalized]:

1. Is there any overdub? Cause I doubt there is...

I think it's only that one.

Thanks Babb and Schendel [and all crew] for the awesome music, I really travel far away when listening to it.

Godspeed.

PS: I really hope that the next album/DVD will be easier to get...I asked it for my birthday, and it was one month ago...:wink:
[i]"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."[/i]
[b]C. S. Lewis[/b]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Re: Finally!

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu May 07, 2009 7:18 am

TheMarsh-WiggleQuester wrote:Repeting: Finally I've got my Lex Live DVD!

First of all: it was difficult to make it arrive here in Terras Brasilis, but it arrived.

Second: the show is really awesome. Steve's bass is crashing all the place, Fred keyboards [even sometimes hidden] are incredible precise and unique, Walter vocals and guitar...you know! Everything is in place here!

Let's pass to the Questions [yes, capitalized]:

1. Is there any overdub? Cause I doubt there is...

I think it's only that one.

Thanks Babb and Schendel [and all crew] for the awesome music, I really travel far away when listening to it.

Godspeed.

PS: I really hope that the next album/DVD will be easier to get...I asked it for my birthday, and it was one month ago...:wink:
Hey,
We've probably overdubed fixes on all three DVDs. Anytime we think there's something major that would distract you from the song - we generally opt to fix it. That being said, we so rarely make mistakes <g> :oops:
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Thu May 07, 2009 10:11 am

Yep- no overdubs anywhere in terms of just adding things that didn't happen live to make it bigger. But some replacements of parts with either bad hums and technical problems or just egregiously awful mistakes (and I've done one or two of those at every show) :oops: :oops: The little clinks we leave in for authenticity though :o
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

TheMarsh-WiggleQuester
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TheMarsh-WiggleQuester » Thu May 07, 2009 1:08 pm

FredProgGH wrote:Yep- no overdubs anywhere in terms of just adding things that didn't happen live to make it bigger. But some replacements of parts with either bad hums and technical problems or just egregiously awful mistakes (and I've done one or two of those at every show) :oops: :oops: The little clinks we leave in for authenticity though :o
Yeah, I've noticed. Besides on the bonus material Steve did some kind of joke about having a CD player close to the modules... :D And another curious thing is that on the most difficult parts you all never seem to do any mistake, I've noticed the "strange sync" only on slow parts...

The most horrible mistake is on the bonus material: Walter missing the shot on the pool table... :lol:

Anyway it arrived two days ago and I've watched about five times, and now I really got to get the other ones. Thanks again! It's really cool to talk directly to you guys.

Godspeed!
[i]"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."[/i]
[b]C. S. Lewis[/b]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sun May 10, 2009 11:44 am

Well, part of the sync thing is that we filmed two shows - but only used the audio from the 1st one. Same as at the Tivoli :)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

TheMarsh-WiggleQuester
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TheMarsh-WiggleQuester » Sun May 10, 2009 8:44 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:Well, part of the sync thing is that we filmed two shows - but only used the audio from the 1st one. Same as at the Tivoli :)
Oh! That explains a looot! :wink:
[b]C. S. Lewis[/b]

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:53 pm

So what is your opinion on this DVD compared to the other released DVDs? I have Live at the Tivoli and really enjoy watching it, and was going to get Belmont, but my brother suggested not. He used to have it and was kind of disappointed with the actual footage (I haven't seen it so I don't know what my opinion is) so I ended up just getting the audio via SNOCap. With Lex Live, is it something on par with Tivoli (or better), or should I just go ahead and get the audio via iTunes (I may end up getting Belmont and Lex Live [if I don't get it soon] at some point for the bonus material and just the fact that I'd have the video)?
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.