DVD Highlights

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

yyzmoose
Professional
Professional

Post by yyzmoose » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:15 pm

After viewing the DVD, I have one question. When does the Hotel Room tour start? :wink: That is pretty funny to watch, and everyone actually sounds good!
And now for something completly different...

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:51 pm

yyzmoose wrote:After viewing the DVD, I have one question. When does the Hotel Room tour start? :wink: That is pretty funny to watch, and everyone actually sounds good!

Of course, Samwise was actually there when it happened. She can tell you that the funniest moments never made it to tape. Hotel jamming is fun though. Maybe we could do a tour someday. :lol:
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:41 pm

Then again, Steve, who wants to hear a discussion about whether it's pronounced "bah-gul" or "bay-gul"? ;) Course there was that one "Hear our snail now..." rendition, but I didn't quite catch the context of that. If there was one. Ah, good times. We should have a forum hotel performance for the concert in November.
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat May 28, 2005 7:39 pm

I am totally getting into this DVD. I love the entire concert, but esp. enjoy the video of Tales of the Great Wars-cause it show just how multi-talented these guys really are! Fred-what CAN'T you play?. Who shot this video? I know it was probably low-budget, but its extremely well done-have ya'll tried to market it anywhere? and as for the concert-what songs were done that night and were'nt included on the DVD, and why? Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love it, just would love to see more!!! This has probably been mentined already on other threads-but will the show in Nov. in Nashville be taped? I bet alot of us fans would pre-order to help finance it-if that's even an option!!!!It's just such a treat to see you guys play live(haven't seen you in person yet)-cause it's apparentely so rare.By the way-"When we were youmg/Heaven" gives me goosebumbs-and sounds incredible on my surround-sound!!!!Peace,David.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sun May 29, 2005 12:40 pm

Nothing was left off the DVD- that's the whole show! And at this point plans are in place to make a DVD in Nashville. I'm not sure if Salem Hill is going to participate in the shoot; I'd assume they'd want to but I don't know whether we've really talked to them about it yet.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue May 31, 2005 6:23 am

I am sooooo pumped Fred! I hope that they will be part of it als0-what even rarer oppoprtunity for them! Hopefully you and Steve can encourage that-I think the fans would love it. Carl Groves is a great talent.Peace,David

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue May 31, 2005 6:58 am

yeshead 777 wrote:I am sooooo pumped Fred! I hope that they will be part of it als0-what even rarer oppoprtunity for them! Hopefully you and Steve can encourage that-I think the fans would love it. Carl Groves is a great talent.Peace,David

Yes, we have talked about it with Salem Hill. I think its possible they'll want to tape too.
8)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

yyzmoose
Professional
Professional

Post by yyzmoose » Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:07 pm

That would make two DVD's of Salem Hill as they will be filming at their "Hillionairs" weekend in the fall.
And now for something completly different...

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:41 am

I took a spin through the "bonus material" section of Lex Live last night, and during the hotel-room-rehearsal scene, I came across a couple of things I hadn't noticed before. One: The case I tote the Peavey bass around in, was sitting in the corner of the room when I saw on the screen the exact same model of case sitting in the hotel room's doorway. Even looks to be the same color (green). The Peavey bass came with a case, but it's larger and more awkward than the case that came with my old Ibanez bass. So the "P" bass gets toted about in the "I" case.

Two: Does Susie know Ameslan? I know someone who does and is in the habit of making the hand-gestures when she's speaking, and think I see Susie doing the same thing at two different times during that scene.
Last edited by johnc on Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:02 pm

Susie does some interesting hand gestures when she sings - but I never noticed the ones when she talked. Don't know :(

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:27 pm

Bump, bump, bump!

In anticipation of the new DVD I am now, as I type, watching the fantabulous Lex Live (I never get tired of watching this!)

Edel toughed it out for most of "Tales.." but it was all too much for her so she's gone to bed :lol:

Oops, must go, it's Chronos Deliverer time 8) 8)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:11 pm

Bumpity bump (part deux)

Well, we're just back from watching The Darkness (and a fab gig it was too!! :D ) and, as I've booked Monday off as a vacation, I'm watching Lex Live for the gazillionth time...

...and it's still magnificent!! :lol:

Roll on the Belmont DVD of course, but in the meantime you can't beat a bit of Lex Rex and Fred on slide 8)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]

EIwing
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by EIwing » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:51 am

As far as Susie knowing Ameslan...
our grandmother is deaf, so Susie (probably more than me) knows sign language to some degree.
Who do you think I'll be without you?

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:40 pm

EIwing wrote:As far as Susie knowing Ameslan...
our grandmother is deaf, so Susie (probably more than me) knows sign language to some degree.
I missed this when it was first posted. Thanks for the insight.
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.