Quicktime Moive / GH

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Quicktime Moive / GH

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:03 pm

http://www.glasshammer.com/lexlivevideo/
If you haven't seen the DVD, here's "One King". Discuss :)
Steve
Last edited by MayorOfLongview on Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:49 pm

maybe i'm a little biased... but...

It looks great, but the sound sounds well... less live? it seems to not have the presence that I like on L@NF from playing in a big hall.

Don't get me wrong, its wonderful! I will buy it as son as I have money, lol =)
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:38 pm

Well, it was nice. I already have the DVD though, so I prefer watching it on my TV or full sceen comptuer, high rez and high class. :) Very nice page though!

And brian, I think that One King is maybe better on the DVD. My dad extracted the audio so I could probably listen to the mp3s and compare, but it feels weird to only listen to the DVD so I just don't.
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:50 am

Bnielsen wrote:maybe i'm a little biased... but...

It looks great, but the sound sounds well... less live? it seems to not have the presence that I like on L@NF from playing in a big hall.

That's because its in a room that is around 1/8th the size of NEARfest. Its a club.
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:43 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:
Bnielsen wrote:maybe i'm a little biased... but...

That's because its in a room that is around 1/8th the size of NEARfest. Its a club.
Steve

yeah, i thought i remember hearing that- but at any rate! i really got to get my hands on it!

at NF, i never got to see you guys perform- i was already backstage from the beginning
Brian Nielsen

Octavian
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Octavian » Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:48 pm

Blimey!

Thanks Steve, my first chance to see GH in action!

Appreciate the link. :D :D :D :D :D

Now to buy a multiregion DVD player in order to watch LexLive :)

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:17 pm

Sam Roads wrote:Now to buy a multiregion DVD player in order to watch LexLive

Sam,

I've got a multi-region player as well but LexLive is Region 0 so you're good to go over here in the UK. I recommend it wholeheartedly!!

Ted
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:11 pm

SuperTed wrote:
Sam Roads wrote:Now to buy a multiregion DVD player in order to watch LexLive

Sam,

I've got a multi-region player as well but LexLive is Region 0 so you're good to go over here in the UK. I recommend it wholeheartedly!!

Ted

True, but remember it is NTSC (not PAL). We understand NTSC is becoming more of a worldwide standard so we didn't do both formats.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

CanarioAB
Professional
Professional

Post by CanarioAB » Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:08 am

FWIW, WalMart has a DVD Recorder that is both NTSC and PAL compatible ... it's a Funai brand, which is the import name given to Emerson units. It's on my wish list ... and less than $200, which is amazing for a DVR/VCR combo. It's only available online.

April
http://theprogpalace.com

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:16 am

Yeah! Thanks for converting the file to mp4, now I got to finally watch it!
Not only these guys prog, they also rock on stage! Walter seems a little upset or something, but the band is obviously really into the music!
And I like the unusual way that Matt sets his drums!!!

This song is great anyway, could I not like the video? :roll:

And, most importantly, I'll finally stop confusing the singers!!! (At least most) :cackle:

rox
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by rox » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:39 am

Yeah! Thanks for converting the file to mp4, now I got to finally watch it!
Not only these guys prog, they also rock on stage! Walter seems a little upset or something, but the band is obviously really into the music!
And I like the unusual way that Matt sets his drums!!!

This song is great anyway, could I not like the video? :roll:

And, most importantly, I'll finally stop confusing the singers!!! (At least most) :cackle:

(mods, please delete the guest post)
Get ya this year, FUVEST!!!!

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:53 am

rox wrote:And, most importantly, I'll finally stop confusing the singers!!! (At least most) :cackle:

(mods, please delete the guest post)

Just remember that on Lex Rex, I sang "One King" (two octaves - two tracks) while live, Walter sings the high and Fred the low. There was no way I could play that bass line and sing the lead part at the same time. :oops:
Walter really soars on it though.
The video has been tweaked and recompressed. It sounds better now. Check out the link again :) (Those who can see and hear it)
Steve

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:08 am

Like my sig says- I STILL can't tell Fred and Steve apart sometime- doesn't help that for NF they changed some parts from the albums, had different/more singers... :?
Brian Nielsen

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:10 pm

FredProgGH wrote:True, but remember it is NTSC (not PAL). We understand NTSC is becoming more of a worldwide standard so we didn't do both formats

My Marantz DVD is over 3 years old and it plays LexLive fine. I was talking to a guy who imports Region 1 DVDs and he seems to think that NTSC vs. PAL was a video hangover and not really relevant to DVDs (but I'm no expert!)

Anyway if Sam Roads wants to see the DVD I can always copy it for him...(JOKE :twisted: :P )
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:08 pm

SuperTed wrote:
FredProgGH wrote:True, but remember it is NTSC (not PAL). We understand NTSC is becoming more of a worldwide standard so we didn't do both formats

My Marantz DVD is over 3 years old and it plays LexLive fine. I was talking to a guy who imports Region 1 DVDs and he seems to think that NTSC vs. PAL was a video hangover and not really relevant to DVDs (but I'm no expert!)

It's pretty irrelevant on a computer monitor or any system that can support multiple screen refresh rates. But NTSC is a 60 hz system and PAL is 50 hz, among other differences in the standard. So, if you hook up a PAL VCR to an NTSC TV set, it no workee. Plus, when NTSC is converted to PAL it speeds up and the audio can get chipmunky. Movies on PAL format often are shown to run several minutes shorter than their NTSC counterparts. They aren't edited, they've just sped up. Luckily, as you've noticed, we're all drwing closer to a HDTV standard that will be pretty consistent worldwide, as it's based on the types of refresh rates and resolutions used in computer displays.

(I'm also a video tweaker!! :D :D)
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]