Comment about this album

Stunning live sound from GH's performance at NEARFest 2003

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

ts_mpls

Comment about this album

Post by ts_mpls » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:33 pm

I just listened to this for the first time around a week ago and i've probably listened to it a dozen times since. Definitely a quality live album. If only we could've had a DVD of this show too!

One comment i wanted to make, i always love the passages with just Susie and Walter harmonizing. They're both such incredible singers and their voices just go together perfectly. But on this album, they were both in rare form and just seemed to nail every note. And of course i need to make my standard disclaimer that i'm in no way subtracting from the rest of the band. It also helped that i could actually hear Susie since there were times on the Lex Live DVD when i could either barely hear the girls or i couldn't at all. Specifically, the passages around the 7 minute mark of Tales of the Great Wars and also around the 7 minute mark (coincidence?) of Further Up, Further In are awesome. Every time i listen to either of those songs, i have to back up and listen to those parts 3 or 4 times!

tim

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:57 pm

Thanks for your comments. If you're a Susie fan, you are REALLY gonna love the new DVD. Her and the rest of the girls really shine - and outnumber the guys too!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart