So how did it all come to be?

Tom's story

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

So how did it all come to be?

Post by Japes » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:00 pm

For as long as I've known the concept behind the album I've always wondered, how exactly did such an off-the-wall idea for a concept album bubble up in someone's head. Even more specifically, who's bubbling head was it exactly that came up with the idea?
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:26 pm

Ooooh =) This should be a fun answer =p

Thanks for blowing the dust off the old threads and sections, Japes!
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:32 pm

Well, it's mostly a true story. The 70's were interesting times. Steve expounded upon tales that I told him.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:51 pm

So is it a "mostly" true story about yourself, a friend, or (more specifically) a friend named Tom. Details, I demand details! Oh, and one more question, who is that in the pictures in the booklet? (Those pictures were really the icing on the cake of the originality and hilarity of it all) =)

PS Better stop posting for tonight, before my contacts meld into my eyes, causing a chain reaction that could inevitably result in the destruction of all humanity on Earth...
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.