Steve Babb Interview by Amy Sturgis

A Giant-Sized Epic

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

HammerOManitou

Steve Babb Interview by Amy Sturgis

Post by HammerOManitou » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:01 pm

Greetings --

New to this forum, not to GH though! :-) Just wanted to let you know that Dr. Amy Sturgis recently conducted an interview regarding TIS with Steve Babb, which we have published on our site for the North East Tolkien Society
http://www.herenistarion.org/index.shtml

Enjoy!
Anthony and Jessica
Chairs North East Tolkien Society
Programming Directors The Gathering of the Fellowship 2006

santakauz
Amateur
Amateur

Post by santakauz » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:20 pm

I swear, every time I read an interview with one of the band members I am even more impressed. I must say, Glass Hammer goes beyond just being a group that makes inspirational music, the members themselves are an inspiration. Here's a great part from the interview:

Happy endings, heroes victorious, maidens rescued, battles won, dragons slain, friends lost, deep sadness, longing, joy -- just ask yourself, what are these things trying to tell you? Is someone or something knocking at the door of your heart? Is someone calling you home? Do you read something like The Lord of the Rings and wish it were all true? Does your heart long for a battle to fight, do you wish to do great deeds and serve a noble king? Do you really think it’s just a fantasy tale, wishful thinking? Tolkien didn't! And neither do I. Those feelings are too powerful, they are 'inconsolable', and until you take the time to find out what they mean -- well, they are kept 'secret' from you.

It's people like you all that keep faith and beauty alive in this world.
"What are we holding on to, Sam?"
"That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for." --The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.