I finally get TIS!!!

A Giant-Sized Epic

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

yyzmoose
Professional
Professional

I finally get TIS!!!

Post by yyzmoose » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:22 pm

I have to admit, after first listening to this album back in July I was rather underwhelmed. My over-eager anticipation of this album got the best of me and it couldn't live up to the hype. I liked some of the Lady, and by summer's end overall liked that disc. But I was stumped by the Knight. It was exactly what I like in symphonic prog, or at least should have been. It just wasn't clicking, that is until yesterday. I don't know what happened, but now I'm rather blown away by the music. I've had several parts running through my head today at work. And now I'm looking forward to my commute to hear it again.

My reaction is strictly to the music. I just don't pay much attention to lyrics. Sorry Steve, I know all the hard work you put into the lyrics and the poem. If the music does not grab me, all the best lyrics in the world will not help me any. But I'm happy I gave this album a chance, as its proven to be very satisfying. Consider me a late arriving member of the TIS bandwagon!!!
And now for something completly different...

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:08 pm

heh, welcome aboard =)
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:04 pm

Just wait till you hear and see the live version of the Knight. Its the hi-light for me - that and Lisette!
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:44 am

!me still plugs for Through a Glass Darkly and Heroes and Dragons
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

yyzmoose
Professional
Professional

Post by yyzmoose » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:53 am

MayorOfLongview wrote:Just wait till you hear and see the live version of the Knight. Its the hi-light for me - that and Lisette!
Steve
Well Lisette is already a GH favorite of mine. That one I loved right away. Now we will get to hear it with Matt on drums, can't wait!
And now for something completly different...

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:45 pm

Susie's vocal on "Through a glass Darkly" was just stunning live so I can't wait to hear and see this. Other Highlights for me wer:Lissette and Heroes and Dragons. KOTN was pretty awesome too! Can't wait!!!!!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].