This is where I make MY stand.....

A Giant-Sized Epic

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Shadoshi
Amateur
Amateur

This is where I make MY stand.....

Post by Shadoshi » Thu May 18, 2006 7:31 pm

I finally got The Inconsolable Secret (along with Lex Rex, which I loved at first listen). When I first turned it on, I heard that crazy piano riff start up and I thought : ":shock: HOLY CRAP, THIS IS GONNA ROCK." And when the organ and drums kicked-in I knew this album was going to be amazing. I loved the first song completely. But then I came around to The Knight of The North, and at some points of the song I thought: "What are they doing? That was a perfect place to "kick-in" but they go into some crazy thing instead. :? " But don't be alarmed by my reaction. I loved the second disc (for the most part, my favorite track off of it was definitly Mog Ruith, I LOVE the drums on this track). See, I was very disapointed that the "main track" (Knight of The North) was so.... dare I say..... BORING. BUT! The next day, I gave it a second chance, and after REALLY being able to HEAR what it "said" to me (Shadoshi..... HEED THIS MESSAGE! :lol: ) I realize that the song and album is AMAZING. What gets me to REALLY like it is the fact that it is Glass Hammer's serious side, and portrays emotion within the songs. But my favorite thing about the album is the story! But I'm having a little trouble figuring it out completely (Care to help?). But either way, thank you GH for once again bringing us an amazing album, and I'm sorry I didn't "get it" at first. :wink:

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Re: This is where I make MY stand.....

Post by Rumpska » Thu May 18, 2006 7:59 pm

Shadoshi wrote:But I'm having a little trouble figuring it out completely (Care to help?).

You're not alone. I was a little confused at first, and whenever I tried to follow in the story, I just got lost in the music.
[color=darkred][i][b]Do a barrel roll![/b][/i][/color]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu May 18, 2006 8:39 pm

I realize that the song and album is AMAZING. What gets me to REALLY like it is the fact that it is Glass Hammer's serious side, and portrays emotion within the songs. But my favorite thing about the album is the story! But I'm having a little trouble figuring it out completely (Care to help?).

I'm really glad you're enjoying the story. I can certainly understand if you're having trouble figuring it out. I wanted the story to operate in layers, with the music playing its part, then the lyrics, and obviously the poem itself plays an important part.
If you read the poem (The Lay of Lirazel in pdf form on Disc One), (I know its rather loooong) you'll probably grasp the entire message.
BTW, I'm around 30,000 words into turning the poem into a proper novel.
If you have any specific questions about the story, let me know. As anyone here can tell you, I love to ramble on and on about these things.
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Thu May 18, 2006 8:48 pm

OOH! Please, ramble away! Do you have any drafts? I'd love to read some of it! Tell us more!!
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

Shadoshi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Shadoshi » Thu May 18, 2006 9:21 pm

Thanks guys. Steve, feel free to continue on, there actually are reasons I have such an interest with such storylines, but I only take interest in music storylines (Like Pink Floyd's The Wall for example) for a paticular reason. This may sound disturbing or odd, but I have this feeling that we are going to meet a few years down the road, and by that time you'll find out what that reason is, and hopefully you'll like it. ;)

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:25 pm

A Steve Babb novel would be coolio.
I'm too tired to add any more. Goodnight. *Intro to Heroes and Dragons*
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.