Inconsolable Secret revisited? Why?

A Giant-Sized Epic

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

MJHammer

Inconsolable Secret revisited? Why?

Post by MJHammer » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:51 am

You cannot improve on perfection.

Makes as much sense as Yes redoing "Close To The Edge".

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:16 am

It's an alternate way of looking at it. We're know that some people are going to remain emotionally attached to the original version and that's great. But really, it's no more different than, say, having the live version of Knight Of The North as another way of hearing the piece. :)
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

NelStone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NelStone » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:00 pm

Heck, it might even make a fine companion to the original, like a Nine Inch Nails remix album or The Beatles' Love album that came out in 2006. Probably bad comparisons, but still.

Physicist
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Physicist » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:16 am

FredProgGH wrote:It's an alternate way of looking at it. We're know that some people are going to remain emotionally attached to the original version and that's great. But really, it's no more different than, say, having the live version of Knight Of The North as another way of hearing the piece. :)
I will always remain emotionally attached to the original. It is one of the most beautiful albums I have ever heard. But, having said that, I am looking forward to getting emotionally attached to the new version.

Just keep putting out the soma for the the Hammerheads.
"If I hadn't believed it, I wouldn't have seen it." -- Old Geologist's saw

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:05 am

Physicist wrote:
FredProgGH wrote:It's an alternate way of looking at it. We're know that some people are going to remain emotionally attached to the original version and that's great. But really, it's no more different than, say, having the live version of Knight Of The North as another way of hearing the piece. :)
I will always remain emotionally attached to the original. It is one of the most beautiful albums I have ever heard. But, having said that, I am looking forward to getting emotionally attached to the new version.

I'll also always have an emotional attachment to the original. That's partly the reason for revisiting it. Its kind of like (I speak for myself of course) a great big world we got to play in once, and I want very much to return. If only to see what else is there. Does that make any sense? :?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

TheMarsh-WiggleQuester
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TheMarsh-WiggleQuester » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:30 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:
Physicist wrote:

I'll also always have an emotional attachment to the original. That's partly the reason for revisiting it. Its kind of like (I speak for myself of course) a great big world we got to play in once, and I want very much to return. If only to see what else is there. Does that make any sense? :?
Coming from a C.S.Lewis fan...it makes a lot. I'm looking forward to the Revisited version too, since it's difficult now to aquire the original version, maybe I'll be able to get the improved one!
[i]"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."[/i]
[b]C. S. Lewis[/b]

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:47 pm

I know I personally love your Chronometree to The Inconsolable Secret sound, but I am nonetheless really pumped for TIS Revisited! But, I am really curious as to how the actual CD is going to be packaged and such. Is the album art going to be the same, a redone version of the same, or completely new? That, and are there going to be extra features as there were on the original?
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:50 pm

Double Post Alert!!!!!!!

I know you guys are probably overworked with the new album coming out, but my brother keeps asking me to check when you guys think Revisited may come out. I think what he's looking for is "next year," "a few years" or "never." Thanks for any response, even if it's just chastising me for posting annoyingly!
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:42 pm

Well, the back-up drive it was on crashed so... we have to start over. There were hours and hours and hours of work already into it, so it's pretty heartbreaking. All we can do is start again and try and make it even cooler than it would have been. But it's going to be a while now :? Next year is probably the correct answer.

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:04 am

FredProgGH wrote:Well, the back-up drive it was on crashed so... we have to start over. There were hours and hours and hours of work already into it, so it's pretty heartbreaking. All we can do is start again and try and make it even cooler than it would have been. But it's going to be a while now :? Next year is probably the correct answer.
Oh, so it was already started?! Oh, wow, what else did you guys lose with that crash?

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:50 am

We lost the bass tracks to Matt's solo album, they have to get redone.

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:07 am

FredProgGH wrote:Well, the back-up drive it was on crashed so... we have to start over. There were hours and hours and hours of work already into it, so it's pretty heartbreaking. All we can do is start again and try and make it even cooler than it would have been. But it's going to be a while now :? Next year is probably the correct answer.

WHOA! Seriously?!!?!? :evil:

You guys have the *worst* luck with losing work by failing drives!

I'm sure you guys are plenty IT savvy, but I know theres some REALLY good deals on NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices right now that run in a RAID1 configuration, giving you double redundancy ON the backup device itself...
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:23 pm

Unfortunately, that's not a particularly viable solution for the Roland. It's my own fault; I had just deleted it off the main drive a few days before but hadn't done a CDR backup. I was going to do that from the external drive and the partition crocked. Just that one, the other 10 are fine. (Roland drives format in 11Gb partitions. Don't ask me why.) We've only really had one real disaster in the past. Sh!t happens *lol* If I had been a bit more careful it wouldn't have though. Oh well.

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:52 pm

EDIT: Deleted for stupidity :)
Last edited by Japes on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:53 pm

FredProgGH wrote:Unfortunately, that's not a particularly viable solution for the Roland. It's my own fault; I had just deleted it off the main drive a few days before but hadn't done a CDR backup. I was going to do that from the external drive and the partition crocked. Just that one, the other 10 are fine. (Roland drives format in 11Gb partitions. Don't ask me why.) We've only really had one real disaster in the past. Sh!t happens *lol* If I had been a bit more careful it wouldn't have though. Oh well.

Ahh... well, thank you for 'splainin' that! I like these little insights, just wish it wasn't a 'bad' one!
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03