Inconsolable Secret revisited? Why?

A Giant-Sized Epic

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:57 pm

Well, shocking news: I found a procedure that can repair a damaged TOC (or the equivalent) file on a Roland hard drive. It's a bit convoluted but I recovered every song from the Revisited project except one. And of course, that one was KotN. Which had had the most work put into it. But hey, better doing one song over than start from scratch. The irony is the the reason it's gone is because it was the first song and when I re-accessed the partition the Roland wrote a new initial file over it. So from now on I will ALWAYS make sure the first saved project on a Roland DAW hard drive is a null, empty file that can get trashed.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:40 pm

That sounds quite reasonable =)

Glad all that work wasn't wasted though!
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:22 pm

So does this mean a sooner release date?
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:38 pm

Probably. Honestly, I'm a little on the fence as whether or not we should put energy into this or composing a new album. The next one will likely go back toward epic and huge...

NelStone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NelStone » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:34 pm

FredProgGH wrote:Probably. Honestly, I'm a little on the fence as whether or not we should put energy into this or composing a new album. The next one will likely go back toward epic and huge...
What, you mean Three Cheers or the next album after Three Cheers? Because if you're getting the final mixes done on that album, and already have some work done on this one, you might as well go the distance. Working on both on the same time, and the whole ordeal with losing data and all that may have put a bunch of stress on you guys though, so perhaps just finishing one and taking a break before continuing with the other would be best.

Though my opinion is that of a person who knows nothing of working on music in the studio, so what I'm saying may be way off base.

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:09 am

Yeah, I'd say if you haven't already started on a brand new album after Three Cheers, then finish up TIS Revisited. But that's just me.
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Physicist
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Physicist » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:28 am

FredProgGH wrote:Probably. Honestly, I'm a little on the fence as whether or not we should put energy into this or composing a new album. The next one will likely go back toward epic and huge...
Epic and huge is good.
"If I hadn't believed it, I wouldn't have seen it." -- Old Geologist's saw

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:07 am

Physicist wrote:
Epic and huge is good.
Now Steve/Fred... here's my thoughts... It is a *crime* that The Inconsolable Secret "1" is out of print, and getting harder for people to find... so.... lol I say get TIS-2 done before the next new one =)
Brian Nielsen

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:41 am

Bnielsen wrote:
Physicist wrote:
Epic and huge is good.
Now Steve/Fred... here's my thoughts... It is a *crime* that The Inconsolable Secret "1" is out of print, and getting harder for people to find... so.... lol I say get TIS-2 done before the next new one =)
I agree. Thankfully I was able to buy my brother's copy of TIS or I would have had to download it, and that just wouldn't do! Not at all!

Or perhaps I just want more Glass Hammer and am not patient enough to wait.

Well, either way, the sooner TIS Revisited comes out the better the world will be.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:23 pm

Well, I guess that's what we're gonna have to do then.

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:06 am

woohoo!

If y'all need a hand, Fred... I could come down to TN =p

How awesome would it be to have 2 Nord Leads? lol you could MIDI them to double your polyphony
:twisted:
Brian Nielsen

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:09 am

Bnielsen wrote:woohoo!

If y'all need a hand, Fred... I could come down to TN =p

How awesome would it be to have 2 Nord Leads? lol you could MIDI them to double your polyphony
:twisted:
If y'all need someone to bug you, I could hitch hike down to TN =p

How awesome would it be to have.... uhhh... Japes sit there and watch...

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:10 pm

... with duct tape over his mouth lol
Brian Nielsen

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:39 pm

Bnielsen wrote:... with duct tape over his mouth lol
D=

Hey, you know what, if it means I get to see some Glass Hammer action I'd deal with it. :)

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:37 pm

Recording flute today for "Lirazel - The Inconsolable Secret Revisited". Slowly but surely this album will make its way back into print. :D
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart