Inconsolable Secret revisited? Why?

A Giant-Sized Epic

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:46 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:Recording flute today for "Lirazel - The Inconsolable Secret Revisited". Slowly but surely this album will make its way back into print. :D
Awesome! Is it real flute, or synthesized? And if it's real, who plays it?
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:54 pm

Japes wrote:
MayorOfLongview wrote:Recording flute today for "Lirazel - The Inconsolable Secret Revisited". Slowly but surely this album will make its way back into print. :D
real :) Player is Donna Curry....
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:50 pm

Very cool, Steve! Thanks for the update!

I *really* hope you guys made Lirazel longer!!!
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:09 am

Bnielsen wrote:Very cool, Steve! Thanks for the update!

Well - maybe we will???
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:53 pm

woooohooo!

I remember the chills that went down my spine the first time that chorus REALLY kicked in... and then the song ended....

anguish! die die die bleeeeeed! =p

erm.... :roll: sorry!
Brian Nielsen

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:20 am

Japes wrote:
This is one of those things that I'm really glad to fix... we always planned to bring in a real flute soloist for those parts but by the end of recording we were tired, up against a deadline and just didn't really care *lol*
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:23 am

Bnielsen wrote:Very cool, Steve! Thanks for the update!

Actually that's the ONE song that I think is not scheduled for any kind of change whatsoever. Anyway, it doesn't end, you just have to wait until the end of the album for it to come back! That's called building tension :P :D
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:29 am

lol dangit! I get a 'maybe' from steve and a 'you might have to wait till the end' from fred...

>.<

I love you guys! =)
Brian Nielsen

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:08 pm

Bnielsen wrote:lol dangit! I get a 'maybe' from steve and a 'you might have to wait till the end' from fred...

>.<

I love you guys! =)
You may know this, but then again maybe you don't. The end of "Long and Long Ago" is the Lirazel theme. Same with the grand finale of Glimpse - its the same melody - different key and some different time signatures. So, extending the actual song might be over kill. Its one of the few songs on the album that basically 'does its thing' and is over. There's probably a better choice of words for that - but I'm tired :)

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:35 pm

oooooh. right. garsh, i'm dumb. :roll:
:lol:

of COURSE thats the theme... hahahah

Apparently I should try using the *smart* part of my brain before posting lol
Brian Nielsen

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 pm

So what exactly is changing in the overall "feel" of the album? It seems like it would be awfully hard to improve on perfection!
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:20 pm

Japes wrote:So what exactly is changing in the overall "feel" of the album? It seems like it would be awfully hard to improve on perfection!
Fred will probably want to respond to this as well, but I can give you my 2 bits....

Some people felt (myself included) that some of the vocal sections were a bit stiff. These need to be loosened up a bit and that may even involve different lyrics. It will certainly involve new singers. We may add some new music too.
Of course we're making sonic improvements too - and this will definitely change the feel of the album. It will sound BIGGER. The song order will change to suit the concept a little better - guitars are being added, new drum sounds, new choir, etc. Lots of changes in the sonic realm....
Months of work ahead!
Steve

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:29 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:
Japes wrote:So what exactly is changing in the overall "feel" of the album? It seems like it would be awfully hard to improve on perfection!
Fred will probably want to respond to this as well, but I can give you my 2 bits....

Some people felt (myself included) that some of the vocal sections were a bit stiff. These need to be loosened up a bit and that may even involve different lyrics. It will certainly involve new singers. We may add some new music too.
Of course we're making sonic improvements too - and this will definitely change the feel of the album. It will sound BIGGER. The song order will change to suit the concept a little better - guitars are being added, new drum sounds, new choir, etc. Lots of changes in the sonic realm....
Months of work ahead!
Steve
So, in essence, it will sound closer to Belmont?

NelStone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NelStone » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:07 am

I'm happy no matter what you guys decide to do, but personally, "Mog Ruith" always felt too short to me. It keeps building up with that keyboard and bass, getting more awesome by the second, and then it just kind of... peters out. It always felt like it was building to something massive until those last, say, 25 seconds.

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:46 pm

I really don't like Mog Ruith. I usually skip it. Eew. Too strident and spidery and no singing.
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]