t-shirt bundles shipping now!

A Giant-Sized Epic

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Bozo
Professional
Professional

Post by Bozo » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:07 am

Wich topping Cream or Choclate? I love Strawberry.
The world is smaller than you think!

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:10 am

And we're off!

The T-shirt's excellent. I really like the logo colouring and at least I've got something to wear to the gig now :D

Musically, it's pointless to say anything because this one'll take a lot of listenings to soak it all up...but if The Knight Of the North gets a live airing, the ending will be Monumental!!

Have to leave now...listening resumes...Image
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:22 am

SuperTed wrote:And we're off!

The T-shirt's excellent. I really like the logo colouring and at least I've got something to wear to the gig now :D

Musically, it's pointless to say anything because this one'll take a lot of listenings to soak it all up...but if The Knight Of the North gets a live airing, the ending will be Monumental!!

We will require a full report.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:29 am

MayorOfLongview wrote:
SuperTed wrote:And we're off!

We will require a full report.

You know that dream you sometimes have where you know you left school about 20 years ago but you're still freaked out that you're sitting there before a test having done no revision whatsoever?

Just thought I'd mention it... :P

I feel a review coming on...Image

buckdharma

Post by buckdharma » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:36 pm

Wear your t shirt at nashville Ted so myself and mrs dharma can recognise you. Although the proud, hairy mane, big teeth and paws should give it away. I shall wear a pink carnation and fishing waders in case you're wondering. Mrs dharma will be in a burlap sack.

theHermit
Professional
Professional

Post by theHermit » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:32 pm

ya know, burlap sacks are highly under appreciated as clothing options! :lol:

DruidsGlass
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by DruidsGlass » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:37 pm

theHermit wrote:ya know, burlap sacks are highly under appreciated as clothing options! :lol:

really? are they that good?
We shall not let Word Association go quietly into the night!

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:59 pm

Burlap is the rage for the stylish masochist/martyr/peasant this year.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:27 am

Walmart bags make good clothing too. Just cut 2 leg holes in the bottom and u got a ice pair of overall mini-shorts.
[color=darkred][i][b]Do a barrel roll![/b][/i][/color]

theHermit
Professional
Professional

Post by theHermit » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:40 am

Burlap beats a good hair shirt any day!

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:50 am

large black trash bag- hole for head and arms, and you have a wonderful waterproof all purpose smock.
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:03 pm

buckdharma wrote:Wear your t shirt at nashville Ted so myself and mrs dharma can recognise you. Although the proud, hairy mane, big teeth and paws should give it away. I shall wear a pink carnation and fishing waders in case you're wondering. Mrs dharma will be in a burlap sack.
THIS CONCERT...I SHALL MOSTLY BE WEARING...TROUSERS!

(it's a Fast Show Thing, don't worry about it... :wink:)

Barcelona's Knight

Just a very small suggestion...

Post by Barcelona's Knight » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:01 pm

I have just received my Inconsolable Bundle. The T-Shirt is really beautiful! And the Cd?
Well, I will not fall into the trap of comparing it with the great classics of the seventies. Time will tell. But I have the impression that is really an astonishing piece of work, probably the best GH's so far, and a very serious contender for prog rock album of the year. The proof is that being a work of considerable length, it is never boring (you know, that feeling in so many 2CD albums when you think: they could have spare us this half an hour and release just a single CD). So thank you and congratulations for such an achievement!
And now... the criticism. I think for the amount of care that has been given to the superb artwork, the digipak does not justice to it. I know here I am talking about very expensive issues: the digipak may be fine for the normal, on-store edition of the CD. But I would have been glad to pay a little more for some kind of oversized or digibook edition, with the full lyrics and artwork printed. Remember David Greenslade's Pentateuch of the Cosmogony, with that book of Patrick Woodroofe's pictures? Well, something like that. To have a Roger Dean's artwork and then having to download most of it in PDF if you want to see it, it's a shame. (Call me an old-fashioned man).
By the way: There could be any chance to see this masterpiece played live in the land of kings and knights (i.e. Europe)?

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:19 pm

Glad you like the cd. As for the digi-pak - that's Roger's design! I wanted more of the image on the front but was finally convinced there was no way to do it.

We're talking about doing some shows in the Netherlands and maybe a few other stops next spring -but for now it is just talk :)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:45 pm

I think he's wanting a BIGGER package, right?? Roger would go for that as long as it's a cardboard pak. We could go for some huge super delux thing with a book but it would have to be a very limited run and would cost huge $$$$. I'm not sure how many would go for it. I personally would love to do an edition with a vinyl record sized sleeve. Or even a real vinyl album- it would wind up being a triple, not a double. Right now we have our hands full just dealing with the version that's out :D :D
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]