A Giant-Sized Epic

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Amazon.com - The Inconsolable Secret

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:19 am

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... c&n=507846

If you enjoy "The Inconsolable Secret" and have a few minutes to help spread the word for GH - please drop by Amazon.com and post a short review. 8)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

buckdharma

Post by buckdharma » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:52 pm

Done and done. Got the gig to write a review of TIS for the Classic Rock Society, and also the Nashville event. I have ordered a thesaurus.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:04 pm

buckdharma wrote:Done and done. Got the gig to write a review of TIS for the Classic Rock Society, and also the Nashville event. I have ordered a thesaurus.
Thanks! We need more Amazon reviews!!!

Use big, important sounding words when describing GH. I learned the word 'hyperbole' recently from reading about GH reviews on progressiveears. :lol: Use public humiliation as an opportunity to learn new words - that's what I always say! 8)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:05 pm

Thanks to Ted and to Alien!
(The check's in the mail)
:oops: 8) :oops: 8)

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:26 pm

Amazon sales have been pretty steady until today when a new review appeared with some reasonable criticism of the album. Don't know if there is a connection - but the sales number took a dive from around 1,300 to 26,000 - TODAY! So, maybe there is a connection?If anyone could submit another positive review, it would help keep GH alive and kicking for another year. We would sure appreciate it! I know that some of you already have - thanks!
8)
Steve

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:08 pm

*salute* I'm on it.
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

Alatar
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Alatar » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:44 am

If you are browsing these reviews remember to click yes if you found a review helpful. Nice review by the way "sooperted".
----
Five wizards came from the West. One sought knowledge, one power, one conversed with the animals and the other two got into blues

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:35 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:- but the sales number took a dive from around 1,300 to 26,000 -
Waitaminit--a number that increases is considered a dive?? Is that how Amazon works?
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

Boromir
Amateur
Amateur

Amazon's ranking system

Post by Boromir » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:42 pm

Yeah John,

That number does not reflect sales, but rather a ranking, or a sort of chart position. (Think Billboard's Top 100 Album Chart) Therefore it does represent a significant tumble.
...with these gasoline prices we can't afford not to buy a pony....

-Homer Simpson