On to Evermore

The story of Ariana and the Sculptor

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:01 am

OTE is the most polarizing album. For everyone who loves it another loathes it. There is good stuff on it.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:06 am

Kind of a Smeagol/Gollum type thing? :wink:
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:50 am

MayorOfLongview wrote:For shame! I think I'm totally sold on every single track on that album. I listen to GFTO more than any other album I own. As for Awaken - pure magic (for me).
Well, now I think it's the pinnacle of Yes's work and a real spine-tingler, but then I didn't quite get it, but I'm totally with you on GFTO though (what a pair of sad acts we are :lol: :lol: )

It reminds me of the time I saw Yes at the Royal Albert Hall on the Ladder tour. I bought tickets for both nights as I figured I'd travelled far enough. So the first night, Awaken comes on and superb it was and then Jon gets to "Shall we now bid...Farewell...Farewell", Igor goes mental on the keys and then right where it goes into the crescendo (BOM! BOM! - what a description! :P ) off go the confetti bombs very loudly which I'd read about in reviews but totally forgot about until that moment. The Royal Albert Hall was festooned in shimmering paper falling gently to earth as Jon sang "High Vibration go on..." and I thought "Thank God I've got a change of underwear back in the hotel" 'cos the bloody confetti scared the tripe out of me!! :lol:

So the second night comes and I get talking to a French guy in the row in front of me. We'd both been to the signing session that day and I shook Jon's hand and generally acted like a moron :D and me and French dude were talking about the show to come. We both knew about the confetti so we sat and eagerly awaited Awaken. The appointed moment came and BOOM went the bombs. French guy and I were very happy but his happiness was short lived as a piece of congealed confetti shrapnel about the size of a football arced its way gracefully across the hall and smacked him four-square in the head where it exploded into little confetti bomblets (which looked lovely by the way)... Once he regained some composure, he told me it was the best thing that had ever happened to him at a concert :lol: :lol:

Conclusive proof that prog is dangerous to your health :shock:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:49 pm

That's the funniest thing I've read on this forum in quiet some time!
Steve :lol:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:09 pm

:shock: Hmm- I'll have to look for something similar to happen at the Democratic convention tonight ;-) maybe the balloons will be filled with nitrous oxide :shock: :twisted:
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:13 pm

SuperTed wrote:congealed confetti shrapnel
And I thought I'd seen every phrase known to man. :shock:

johnc

DruidsGlass
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by DruidsGlass » Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:10 am

whoa...never heard of a Yes concert becoming dangerous...hey GH should get some confetti bombs...
We shall not let Word Association go quietly into the night!

King
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by King » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:30 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:That's the funniest thing I've read on this forum in quiet some time!
Steve :lol:
haha, ditto :lol:
[img]http://members.aol.com/liquidmetalmusic/king2.jpg[/img] *Faith* is the realization of what is hoped for, and evidence of things not seen