On to Evermore

The story of Ariana and the Sculptor

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:13 am

Octavian wrote:Can we form a petition for it to get its own forum subcategory?

:D

Cmon sam- it would probably be useful to move the posts of each album to their own thing

i know it would take a bit of work- BUT if you grant me 'temporary' moderator status, I have experience with phpbb, and will help you organize and move them =)
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:52 am

We don't really have any posts here about perelandra, JotD or L&R. They've come up in passing from other topics, but not as a whole topic themselves. Want me to just make a blank forum for them so then people will feel sorry for them and start talking?
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:05 pm

thanks Sam! =)

Oh my- I am REALLY loving On To Evermore right now!

Got it playing repeat in my CD player at work
love the guitar at 7:45 into Junkyard Angel

that whole outtro chord progression is almost as good as the outtro for Further up and further in :D
Brian Nielsen

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:19 pm

I picked this up at the show Saturday mostly to have something for the band to sign, and I now have everything except Live and revived and Middle Earth. I just didn't expect it to be this good! I love this CD!!!After 3 or 4 listens I feel like this will be my solid fourth favorite behind IS,LR,and SL. Much more of a balanced or dare I say commercial sound at times-but still GH all the way! Who is doing the more shreddy guitar parts-is that David Carter? Not too familiar with him! And how wonderful it is too listen to "Mayor of Longview" going down Lee Highway and looking over ar Longview street-evermore land!Cool,very cool. I llok forward to getting into it more and more. The vocals are great too!, But as much as I love Fred's keyboard prowess, I love the guitars on this album!!!And what are those cat and dog noises about on MOL?

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:42 pm

The more I've been listening to this album recently the more I've rediscovered its timlessness. Maybe it's just because I've been listening to it for 7 years or so and it's very dear and familiar, but I've decided that I definitely like it better than Shadowlands, and it's definitely in the top three. Perhaps even *gasp* top two, but it gets harder to decide as you approach the top. This is just such a classic. I love Ariana so much, and This Fading Age, and Only Red, and come to think of it, On To Evermore, and... and.... The whole thing. A GH collection is not complete without this guy. I just love it.

I love how I can continually rediscover how amazing GH is. You know they're good, but you just forget how delicious the albums are until you're listening to them. :lol: :lol: :lol:
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

bb
Amateur
Amateur

Post by bb » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:25 pm

I've always liked On to Evermore. I've listened to Fred whinge about how he would do X differently now, and grouch how they rushed Y through production and mis-mixed Z, blah blah, and I can't find it in me to care that much. Sure, I hear some rough edges, but I've always felt that the material in OtE was Really Good Stuff.

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:57 pm

bb wrote:I've always liked On to Evermore. I've listened to Fred whinge about how he would do X differently now, and grouch how they rushed Y through production and mis-mixed Z, blah blah, and I can't find it in me to care that much. Sure, I hear some rough edges, but I've always felt that the material in OtE was Really Good Stuff.
Agreed, I have a very real appreciation for the bands talent once I got their whole album.
Brian Nielsen