The Spirit of Lisette

November 2005 - Belmont University

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Post by yyzmoose » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:59 pm

I used to love Roy Rogers's fries. And that fix'ns bar was the best! I usually was a pig when I would go there, since I had to have all three toppings on everything, the bar-b-q sauce, horse radish sauce and of course ketchup. There is still a Roy Rogers in my town's mall, one of the few left. The old "Double R Bar" was an amazing hamburger topped with ham. They stopped making them a good 15 years ago, a shame. Their food is still good compared to most fast food, but its not really the same.

When I need a good fast food fix, I still get the "crave" as they say for good old White Castles. Nothing like a few greasy rat burgers, preferably the doubles with cheese. OK, those who don't know, in northern NJ we affectionately refer to White Castle hamburgers as Rat Burgers. I don't really know what their mystery meat is, and I don't want to know. By the way, has anyone seen the movie "Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle"? I can so relate to that movie, minus all the pot smoking. And I had an old friend that was a dead ringer for Kumar. Its funny that I'm talking about fast food on Thanksgiving, that is the last thing I would want today...
And now for something completly different...