Page 2 of 5

Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:45 pm
by Elric
What kind of Publicity or announcement will be made about this show? I would love to see a full house there, and would help anyway I can in getting a crowd there. I will be bringing family and new fans there myself.

Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:45 pm
by MayorOfLongview
Elric wrote:What kind of Publicity or announcement will be made about this show? I would love to see a full house there, and would help anyway I can in getting a crowd there. I will be bringing family and new fans there myself.
I'll know more about that in the coming days. I'll keep you all posted though :)

Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:01 pm
by Belithraldor
Anything from "The Final Catastrophy"....

Well, I thought I'd try.... 8)

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:43 am
by Moog Taurus
When compiling set lists are you governed ultimately by time or do you have a pre determined structure based on other factors.
I have noticed that the live DVDs are getting longer :D so can I hope for an even longer DVD the next time round.
Whatever is decided regarding the set list I know it will deliver of that I am certain.
How about a Glass Hammer rendition of Wot Gorilla (Wind And Wuthering ) ?

Dave :roll:

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:14 pm
by Elric
With all that you are doing, does this mean you are not going to be able to cover "In-a-gadda-da-vida"? :wink:

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:01 pm
by MayorOfLongview
Moog Taurus wrote:When compiling set lists are you governed ultimately by time or do you have a pre determined structure based on other factors.
I have noticed that the live DVDs are getting longer :D so can I hope for an even longer DVD the next time round.
Whatever is decided regarding the set list I know it will deliver of that I am certain.
How about a Glass Hammer rendition of Wot Gorilla (Wind And Wuthering ) ?

Dave :roll:
We choose songs based on many factors. The whiz-bang factor being of prime importance. :lol:
Beyond that though, we try to do songs that include or showcase the entire ensemble within the time frame we feel comfortable with. And we tend to stick with and prefer the newer material, and those songs we feel we can do justice to. We don't like to do repeats, though we know you like many of the songs and so do we. Also, the last portion of the show features the choir doing our big choral peices, so that really only leaves the first two-thirds of the show to select songs for.
We're working on that list even now - today actually!
Steve

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:41 pm
by Shadoshi
I'd love to hear you guys play Mog Ruith somewhere in the line-up if at all possible, I wanna see how Matt does that crazy snare roll at the last 30 seconds or so, plus it is an awesome track for a transistion to a another track. Plus, its just a awesome song. Plus....... Plus. MOG RUITH! :D :lol:

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:28 pm
by slig
I would love to hear A Perfect Carousel

love the vocals

Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:33 am
by Shadoshi
slig wrote:I would love to hear A Perfect Carousel

love the vocals

If only Brad Marler was still around......... :roll:

Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:59 am
by Prog Music's Frank
Yep. He went off to be a chemist somewhere. Actually, if he wanted to come up and do the song I'd be all for it- I do do a Wakeman tea and crumpets thing while he did it. Last I heard Brad moved to GA- he may be working for Shaw (anyone from north GA knows what that is!!)

Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:07 pm
by Shadoshi
Prog Music's Frank wrote:Yep. He went off to be a chemist somewhere. Actually, if he wanted to come up and do the song I'd be all for it- I do do a Wakeman tea and crumpets thing while he did it. Last I heard Brad moved to GA- he may be working for Shaw (anyone from north GA knows what that is!!)
Sad. I live in North GA and don't know what that is. :shock:

BUT, in any case, you guys should really call him up and find out if he could preform a little bit, maybe 1 song at least (Can we say: A PERFECT CAROUSEL). That would be awesome for the dvd and we'd all get to finally hear him again. :D

Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:55 pm
by Prog Music's Frank
Oops, sorry, not everybody I guess!! Shaw Industries, the carpet manufacturer.

Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:04 pm
by Bnielsen
Hmm, Fred/Steve- I think that would be great if it all could work out.

The emotion in A Perfect Carusel and an Eldritch Wind is nothing short of incredible

Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:49 pm
by johnc
Prog Music's Frank wrote:Oops, sorry, not everybody I guess!! Shaw Industries, the carpet manufacturer.
Wonder if he lives somewhere 'round Dalton, GA, then. Carpet capital of the world, that.

Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:23 am
by yeshead 777
Any chance of seeing Walter back? Or is Carl already slated for the show? I'm sure that will have alot to do with the setlist also.