Project update

Summit Expedition - Summer of 07

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:52 am

Shreddy wrote:Guess what I'm listening right now.. Hehe! :-)
Dolly Parton Sings Metallica?

(hey, it's a grower, OK!)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]

Bozo
Professional
Professional

Post by Bozo » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:22 pm

Sure it wasn´t Metallica singing Dolly Parton???????
The world is smaller than you think!

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:30 am

MayorOfLongview wrote:Carl came down from Nashvegas yesterday and sang some final vocal tracks. Robert Streets (who sang 'David' in our 'David and Goliath) is helping us out with vocals and mixing.

Fred and I are nearing the summit, but are low on oxygen and pulmonary edema is setting in quickly. One ill-timed blizzard could ruin the whole climb and kill us all - but we've got summit-fever and will continue on with encouragement from base-camp.

All that to say - the real mixing begins today!
Great to hear that Robert is on this album. I was amazed by his voice at the Tivoli show(He sat in for Carl on the rehearsal). And as for your pulmonary edema, don't forget you have two BIG fans that are Respiratory Therapists!!!!!Maybe a little barter=treatment for GH merchandise!HEHE
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

EIwing
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by EIwing » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:54 pm

So, I haven't been around in a while. But I wanted everyone to know that the album is awesome. That is all.

Take care!
Who do you think I'll be without you?

soulfreq
Amateur
Amateur

Post by soulfreq » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:17 pm

I can't wait to hear "Culture!' I need all the culture I can get.

One quick question: I wondered why the "chop" Dean logo was not used on the oh-so-cool cover?

October is going to be good...new Glass Hammer and Alfred Hitchcock Presents season 3!

Your pal,
Barry
DJ - Show Host - Not Afraid of Keyboards

Check out the Zine - http://www.soulfrequency.com

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:05 pm

I'll just wait patiently until COA is released--then I'll slip it into my home stereo and CRANK IT. GH is nearly always fun to listen to when it's loud. :D

Something occurred to me today, and at this stage it's probably too late to change anything, but it must be said...

I dearly hope that the lyrics for this CD will be more readable than they were on TIS. I missed not being able to flip open a CD insert booklet and read the words while driving, or while listening on my home stereo (which is in a different room from the computer.) In fact, I was for awhile working through a plan to print the TIS lyrics, then staple sheets together, then cut them so that the resulting sheaf would fit into the TIS digipack. I've done it before, and it always eats free time like Vegas eats money. Never completed the job. I mean, if you guys are gonna put so much time and effort into writing lyrics that aren't run-of-the-mill pop fluff, I'd like to be able to read them.

I have to add, by no means do I intend to criticize. I'm sure that those who designed the TIS packaging had good reasons for putting the lyrics onto one of the CDs.

Will the COA packaging include a CD booklet with lyrics?
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:18 pm

johnc wrote:I'll just wait patiently until COA is released--then I'll slip it into my home stereo and CRANK IT. GH is nearly always fun to listen to when it's loud. :D

Something occurred to me today, and at this stage it's probably too late to change anything, but it must be said...

I dearly hope that the lyrics for this CD will be more readable than they were on TIS. I missed not being able to flip open a CD insert booklet and read the words while driving, or while listening on my home stereo (which is in a different room from the computer.) In fact, I was for awhile working through a plan to print the TIS lyrics, then staple sheets together, then cut them so that the resulting sheaf would fit into the TIS digipack. I've done it before, and it always eats free time like Vegas eats money. Never completed the job. I mean, if you guys are gonna put so much time and effort into writing lyrics that aren't run-of-the-mill pop fluff, I'd like to be able to read them.

I have to add, by no means do I intend to criticize. I'm sure that those who designed the TIS packaging had good reasons for putting the lyrics onto one of the CDs.

Will the COA packaging include a CD booklet with lyrics?
A booklet with lyrics - Yes indeed. 8)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:41 am

Coolness. And thank you for the quick reply.
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:59 pm

Steve,what other books about Everest would you recommend besides "Into Thin Air"? I want to get more prepared for COA lyrically.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

esteban
Amateur
Amateur

Post by esteban » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:38 am

To me, the Jon Anderson snippet is somewhat reminiscent of his work on Olias of Sunhillow. I'm just curious if he has continued to use that style of vocal looping in his later work. I only have Olias and Animation, both released well over 20 years ago.

Shocking how well Olias holds up over time! It will be interesting to see if I'm saying similar things about TIS and COA 20 years from now...should I live so long...jamming to Knight of the North at 64 :wink:
Ecce quam bonum et quam iucundum habitare fratres in unum.