Project update

Summit Expedition - Summer of 07

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elric » Sun May 27, 2007 11:45 pm

Venividi wrote:

Could it be that in a Roundabout way, Fred was trying to Awaken in All God's Children, memories of the Wondrous Stories that Steve And You And I talked about a while ago regarding a possible collaboration with a certain well known musician who was not born in America? I know Steve said that it would happen All In A Matter of Time, and there were rumors that The Meeting took place, could it be that it is finally happening? What a Shock to the System this could be!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry but I had to do it....

Well I was Close to the Edge of the Sofa, trying in a Roundabout way to ask if I could get an advance sound sampler. I felt like a Wurm for asking. Yeshead said he needed to leave early, but I said Don't Go. He stayed a bit longer. It was nice being there, I was very grateful, and I was in a good Mood for a day.

While Yeshead thinks there is Perpetual Change, I think the band Parallels a bit with the previous albums. Onward the band goes.... I will concede to him a bit, but all we can say is Hail to Future Times/Rejoice at the coming of the new album.
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Mon May 28, 2007 1:25 am

And I will follow the venture:
After hearing the future masterpiece all I could say was "RELEASE,RELEASE",but Steve and Fed said "we are CLOSE TO REVEALING the MAGNIFICATION of all things RELAYED to us by the MACHINE MESSIAH."We don't want to hear "YOURS IS DISGRACE"from the friends at PE,so give us time until WE AGREE that all is perfect!We don't want to "AWAKEN" from "DREAMTIME" to feel like we've been at THE GATES of DELIRIUM CHASING the perfect SOUND but finding it is TO BE OVER on the other side(I know-wrong band)."Be patient,my young ASTRAL TRAVELERS,it won't be much longer,CHANGES must be made,We have the KEYS TO ASCENTION, we are CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT,we will all reach the SOUTH SIDE OF THE SKY together in harmonic convergenge with the HOLY LAMB!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

Alatar
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Alatar » Mon May 28, 2007 9:50 am

Four possible responses:

1: C'mon guys, what are you trying to say? If you know something why can't you just let us know instead of giving us some kind of Long distance runaround.

2: Wow, that's great news. I am really excited to hear what comes out of a collaboration between Glass Hammer and Robert Fripp!

3: Go on guys, try and work Siberian Khatru in, I dare you

4: Are you trying to tell me that one of the band has The Clap?

I'm not sure if any of these are funny, but could you just choose the least unfunny response and pretend that I posted that? Thanks.
----
Five wizards came from the West. One sought knowledge, one power, one conversed with the animals and the other two got into blues

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Mon May 28, 2007 10:59 am

*lol* They're all pretty funny :D
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue May 29, 2007 1:10 am

ok-i gotta let the cat out of the bag,I can't stand it any longer! its Billy Sherwood(hehe), and they're doing a remake of "Open your Eyes"-there it's out, I feel much better-Sorry,Steve.

This is, of course, a lie :D :D
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

theHermit
Professional
Professional

Post by theHermit » Thu May 31, 2007 11:04 am

Really starting to get exicted about the new record in general.
"Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;"
- from the Prayer of St. Francis

Thimon
Professional
Professional

Post by Thimon » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:24 am

so how is progress going? :oops:
"Are you on the list?"
- Heroes

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:47 am

Thimon wrote:so how is progress going? :oops:
I think all of the instruments are recorded except for a fix here and there, and one short bass line. We have a lot of lead vocals recorded, and are getting ready to add the backups. I'd guess 2 - 3 weeks and we'll be ready to mix. Maybe 2 weeks if we're lucky.
We are VERY happy with what we're hearing. All of the elements that I think most of you enjoy about GH are present - but its still a very different album for us. 8)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:07 pm

Wow, that great news! Glad it's coming along well, although I am somewhat nervous about this 'new sound' =p
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:21 pm

Bnielsen wrote:Wow, that great news! Glad it's coming along well, although I am somewhat nervous about this 'new sound' =p
Lex Rex was a new sound and that was OK, wasn't it? :D

Seriously, it's not a radical change, just an evolution. Ask Yeshead and Elric. And it's not all heavy, just bits here and there. Lot's of it is purty...

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:10 pm

I think "Lex Rex","Shadowlands", and "TIS"all were very new and original from their predecessors, and somewhat from each other-esp. TIS Disc Two.The new one seems more adventerous and more expansive than the previous three-while still retaining alot of the things we love the band for! A "new sound" is a very broad and subjective term-to me alot of it is "NEW" sounding-and that is a GREAT thing!!!Who wants LR 2, or SL2, ot TIS2?The true fans WILL NOT be disappointed, and it should really attract alot of new fans also!You'll see.................................................................................

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:42 am

I'm a big fan of bands who stick to what they do best. I will always be a Rush fan / Yes fan - BUT - I quit buying their music at the point where they made huge departures from their original sound. 70's Rush albums all sounded different, but they all sounded like Rush (to me). I gave up just after Moving Pictures.

So - I've always been kind of sensitive to that idea where GH is concerned (Middle-earth Album aside).

The songwriting hasn't changed, the concept album is alive and well, and as far as I'm concerned this is certainly not a prog-metal album. Its modern-symphonic prog without being the 'same old, same old'.

You guys will love it - I promise :)

Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:38 am

I understand your sentiments completely about Rush and Yes and other bands during the 80's and 90's. I think Rush is a notable exception.We all agree they had some misfires during that period-but I think Signals,GUP,Power Windows, and then Presto, Counterparts and TFE all are very strong and creative albums, and so is the new one!!!I think rush did "Evolve" positively in many ways, and that what GH, and other 90's+ Prog bands will have to do in the future, and I think COA is a real step in that direction!

Thimon
Professional
Professional

Post by Thimon » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:21 am

If someone would have told me that glass hammer is a big hoax and all albums where made by different people I could believe it (except for vocals)...
I think change is good, and I look forward to heavier parts and a slightly new sound. It must be Shreddy who set you up.. right? :lol:
"Are you on the list?"
- Heroes

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:27 am

Thimon wrote: It must be Shreddy who set you up.. right? :lol:
Oh, now it's starting *lol* Shreddy and Carl are going to get all the credit :p :D

He does have a certain amount to do with it, because the guitar is now a more dominant presence in the sound and we've written around that a lot. But also, it's where we were heading anyway. The final vibe of the album is definitely shaped by the contributions of all the people involved though. Wait until you hear Carl, it's amazing.