Bliss. Back from the doghouse.

Summit Expedition - Summer of 07

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Octavian
Amateur
Amateur

Bliss. Back from the doghouse.

Post by Octavian » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:09 pm

Hi, I can show my face in public again. I love the snippets of the new album. :)

18 months ago:
FredProgGH wrote:
That's OK, everyone can't love everything. The next album will be a bit different and it may fare better for you!
Oh yes, it sounds fabulous. I like aggressive prog rock and this sounds like a big diet of great.

The South Side is instantly enchanting. Massive thumbs up for doing a creative cover of a song, and perhaps for avoiding the Shadow Gallery(?) metal version on 'Yesterdays'.

Jon Anderson fits Glass Hammer like a glass slipper. Nothing quite sounds like prog with JA singing. :)

What is Matt Mendians doing on Ember 3? Good grief, the man thinks he's Raymond Herrera. Go Matt!

Huzzah!

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Re: Bliss. Back from the doghouse.

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:25 am

Octavian wrote:Hi, I can show my face in public again. I love the snippets of the new album. :)

18 months ago:
FredProgGH wrote:
That's OK, everyone can't love everything. The next album will be a bit different and it may fare better for you!

Jon Anderson fits Glass Hammer like a glass slipper. Nothing quite sounds like prog with JA singing. :)

What is Matt Mendians doing on Ember 3? Good grief, the man thinks he's Raymond Herrera. Go Matt!

Huzzah!
You will love it!!!!Matt is incredible on the whole thing. Very bombastic at times, jazzy at times, just all over the place! The only compliant I have about Jon's parts on the album:there's not enough of him!!!But his arrangments-all that he sings-He wrote-and it does fit the music to a T!Amazing!

Edited by Fred- fixed formatting
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

Shadoshi
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Bliss. Back from the doghouse.

Post by Shadoshi » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:45 am

yeshead 777 wrote:
Octavian wrote:Hi, I can show my face in
You will love it!!!!Matt is incredible on the whole thing. Very bombastic at times, jazzy at times, just all over the place!
Whoa, whoa! Matt plays Jazz styled parts on this album!? Crap, I left him a comment on his myspace asking him if he could play some jazz parts on the next album. He was so nice about it though. I feel really bad now. :(

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:29 am

Ii's jazzy to me, and very tasteful-some of his best work, just like Shreddy's more jazzy and more subtle moments are more effective than most of hi shreddying-as good as it is!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

yanks07
Amateur
Amateur

Post by yanks07 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:34 pm

I didn't hear a lot of guitar work on the samples, but then again I'm sure it's only a taste of what's to come.
And now for something completly different