Questions

Summit Expedition - Summer of 07

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:45 pm

Fred-the piano break on EWN at 8:04-8:29 takes my breath away and gives me goose bumps every time I hear it-what a bridge! When you wrote that did you wrote that whole section all at once, or did you already have that 25sec. section and insert it there.It's just brilliant. Again,the best piece you've written IMO!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:19 pm

Just curious-how sales are going so far? Hopefully good!-word of mouth has been great!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:44 pm

yeshead 777 wrote:Fred-the piano break on EWN at 8:04-8:29 takes my breath away and gives me goose bumps every time I hear it-what a bridge! When you wrote that did you wrote that whole section all at once, or did you already have that 25sec. section and insert it there.It's just brilliant. Again,the best piece you've written IMO!
Thanks!! That was actually building on a thematic idea that wound up as the "We weren't meant to see" parts. So that idea was around pretty early in the song's construction. BTW sales so far are outstanding!
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]