PE reviews

Summit Expedition - Summer of 07

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

PE reviews

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:26 am

So far the reviews of COA on the PE thread are very positive. Haven't heard form the usual trouble-making suspects yet though. We'll see.It's staying at the top of the front page also, 120 posts and counting! Good Publiciity!!!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:44 pm

Its starting to get off track over there, but at least its not ugly yet.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:07 am

It's to be expected. All in all, things are going well. So if we can survive PE then general acceptance should be a given *lol* I'm amazed that Mimi's Magic Moment is getting dragged into it and dumped on. I think Mimi is brilliant- or half of it anyway, which may be the problem. I love Be and I think it's a more consistent album but the good parts of Mimi (the first and last pieces) are the best thing SH has done IMHO; especially Joy Gem.

Well, enough of that, talk about us now. :P :D
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:24 am

I personally love "BE" because it was SO diverse and quirky, and didn't fit the "Progressive" mold at all, it was just great innovative music, and every song is different. Where as, MMM seems like they're trying to fit the progressive mold with long drawn-out epics, and IMO Carl's stronger suite is the shorter, more precise songs-those can be prog too-amazingly enough. i can kinda see why this has been brought into the COA thresd, since Carl's presence is strong on COA, not just in voice, but in his lyrics and vocal arrangements.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:42 pm

Well, the #@^% is about to hit the fan. I just wrote a very heart-felt honest post on the COA thread, so it will probably be ripped to shreads.But I mean every word.This disc is blowing me way. I listen to it at least once a day,EWN and SS at least 3 times a day probably.I have never been this blown away by a GH disc except maybe Shadowlands initially, and it was my first. I'm gonna be one of the few that think TIS Disc2 and COA are their best, and the compilatioons is probably no.3-at least for now!Steve and Fred know I'm honest about my opinion-I'm not just kissing #&%.This most definetely will be my no.1 disc of the year over releases from some of my fav groups :Flower Kings, Rush, Porcupine Tree, and Dream Theater. I don't know if it has anything to do with personally previwing the disc early with Steve and Fred or not. I just know I love it!

Shadoshi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Shadoshi » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:50 am

I've never actually seen or heard of this 'PE' you guys keep mentioning. I'm going to search it out. I'm not going to say anything, but I just want to see what all of the talk is about that you guys keep bringing up.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:29 am

Shadoshi wrote:I've never actually seen or heard of this 'PE' you guys keep mentioning. I'm going to search it out. I'm not going to say anything, but I just want to see what all of the talk is about that you guys keep bringing up.
Its evil. Don't go there. :evil:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Shadoshi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Shadoshi » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:12 pm

Too late. I saw it. Read every page. But honestly, it's not really as bad as everyone here makes it seem. :?

spaceman

Post by spaceman » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:38 pm

You haven't seen some of the other GH threads.

spaceman

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:14 pm

This one by far is the most civil and positive, which means its the calm before the storm probably. But I think I know why! Cause this CD is SO good, ikts silencing the serious naysayers-hopefully. Or at least the ones that have bought the disc. We'll see. Go to Amazon and post a review if you haven't-another great avenue,in fact,much better.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:12 am

yeshead 777 wrote:This one by far is the most civil and positive, which means its the calm before the storm probably. But I think I know why! Cause this CD is SO good, ikts silencing the serious naysayers-hopefully. Or at least the ones that have bought the disc. We'll see. Go to Amazon and post a review if you haven't-another great avenue,in fact,much better.
If I'd only put a fairy or maybe a unicorn in the lyrics - well, we'd have a decent fight on our hands! I guess freezing to death at 19,000 feet is just something PE people seem more comfortable with.
If I don't see some GH bashing soon I may have to start writing "Beowulf - The Musical". What do you think Fred???
:twisted:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:12 pm

OhDearGod! =p

Howsabout a GH Christmas album? :twisted:
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

Shadoshi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Shadoshi » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:40 pm

No.

I've got it.

The most epic concept album of them all...

Nope, keep going....

I gotta build suspense....

A concept album on: WORK-OUT EXERCISES. :shock:

Okay, I know, it was lame, but what did you expect? :lol:

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:57 pm

Hey, there's a thread on PE now about great rock violinists! I'm just sayin'... :P :shock: :D
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:42 pm

ooh! Robby S. from Kansas and Davig Ragsdale should be gettnig some love! I've seen them both live numerous times and love them.
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03