Favorite Song

Summit Expedition - Summer of 07

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:43 pm

I listened to "Into Thin Air" and "Rest" on top of Lookout Mountain this morning! "Nuff said.(The locals will get this)
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:05 pm

I don't get Ember's lyrics. But just reading Into Thin Air's lyrics sent chills down my spine, and still do whenever I hear them.
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:41 pm

Sam Gamgee wrote:I don't get Ember's lyrics. But just reading Into Thin Air's lyrics sent chills down my spine, and still do whenever I hear them.
I don't totally either-but the possibilities are extremely intriguing. I doubt Carl's intent is totally one-dimensonal. It has many possibilities and implications-and has a very uplifting inspirational spiritual feel to it-even the darker shades. Still my fav tune, and one of my top 2 or 3 GH songs, and one of my top 4 or 5 Neo-Prog songs of all time.A masterpiece. ITA is great too, but just not as quite as innovative as the rest of the CD IMO. But it's soaring mood up inot the heights is very effective, and exciting.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:08 pm

Carl wrote the lyrics? Well, gee, no wonder it didn't seem much like Glass Hammer (specifically Steve)'s ususal style.

That's why there's these things in the album called credits... :D
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

Octavian
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Octavian » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:37 pm

South Side
Ember
Rest

the last 3 in no particular order:

Into Thin Air
Sun Song
Life by Light

Shadoshi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Shadoshi » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:18 am

yeshead 777 wrote:
Sam Gamgee wrote:I don't get Ember's lyrics. But just reading Into Thin Air's lyrics sent chills down my spine, and still do whenever I hear them.
I don't totally either-but the possibilities are extremely intriguing. I doubt Carl's intent is totally one-dimensonal. It has many possibilities and implications-and has a very uplifting inspirational spiritual feel to it-even the darker shades. Still my fav tune, and one of my top 2 or 3 GH songs, and one of my top 4 or 5 Neo-Prog songs of all time.A masterpiece. ITA is great too, but just not as quite as innovative as the rest of the CD IMO. But it's soaring mood up inot the heights is very effective, and exciting.
This is weird to me, because I seemed (maybe due to my love for odd lyrics and meanings) to hit home with the lyrics for Ember really well. I have a pretty good grasp on what it's about also, but that would only be my own interpretation, so it may not make sense to everyone else.