COA lyrics

Summit Expedition - Summer of 07

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

COA lyrics

Post by Sam Gamgee » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:50 pm

Oh no, I haven't forgotten the fact that I haven't been updating my website. Believe me, it's been continually nagging at the back of my mind. But now that it's Christmas break and finals are over, well, what's stopping me? Spread the joy!

So if you want those lyrics typed out online for easy reference, go to
http://www.ghfan.net/coa.html

Or we could start a discussion on what everyone thought of the lyrics. What did we think of them?
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

Shadoshi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Shadoshi » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:22 pm

Let me put it this way:

Ember Without Name is lyrically outstanding. Into Thin Air is a close runner up, but repeats 'climb' a bit much. :lol:

(edit)

Actually, now that I think about it, I think either Light By Light or Rest's lyrics take second place.

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:23 pm

Shadoshi wrote: Into Thin Air is a close runner up, but repeats 'climb' a bit much. :lol:
That might be one of the things I like about it. I don't know about you, but for me and my life, just metaphorically telling myself once, "Yeah, we're going to climb. Ok," isn't going to cut it. I need to constantly hear it and constantly repeat it for strength and direction. It's like a battle cry for metaphorical mountain climbers. So I feel like it's more realistic as well as powerful this way.
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

Shadoshi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Shadoshi » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:05 pm

Sam Gamgee wrote:
Shadoshi wrote: Into Thin Air is a close runner up, but repeats 'climb' a bit much. :lol:
That might be one of the things I like about it. I don't know about you, but for me and my life, just metaphorically telling myself once, "Yeah, we're going to climb. Ok," isn't going to cut it. I need to constantly hear it and constantly repeat it for strength and direction. It's like a battle cry for metaphorical mountain climbers. So I feel like it's more realistic as well as powerful this way.
No, don't take it the wrong way, I actually just don't like the way the word sounds when sang. :lol:

Otherwise, it's a fine word to use I guess.